what Car Batteries do I need to buy for competition system

Hi guys, can any of you tell me a bit about Car/Truck Batteries for a competition good nice loud sound system?
Basically, I have a big Ford F450 heavy diesel work truck. I need two new batteries for it. I want to install a few amps and have some outdoor speakers as well, and have good bass in the truck. I want to be able to run some 100' speaker wires and also have two speakers out in the yard sometimes, and be able to run the sound-system all day listening to music, and have my best chances of still being able to get the truck then started back up at the end of the day so I can get home!!, and also re-charging the batteries!!

Is "deep-cell" marine batteries what people use for this??

I was going to maybe go for two new Interstate Deep-Cell Commercial batteries... But I think they want like $350 each for them!!??? I figured I should do my research though first..and ask some of you guys.

Its a big diesel engine and is sometimes tough to start in winter so I need strong batteries.

I want big sound for hours upon hours though!! We work outdoors doing tree work! In summer we want good tunes and good vibes on the jobsites!!
go to sams and get the duracell deep cycle car battery, they are 160 a piece

Duracell® AGM Deep Cycle Marine and RV Battery - Group Size 31DTMAGM - Sam's Club

made by deka

Duracell® Heavy Duty AGM Truck Battery - Group Size 31AGM - Sam's Club

or

Super Start® Fleet & Heavy Duty AGM31T - Heavy Duty AGM Battery | O'Reilly Auto Parts

for 224 oreily

or

HUGE50 use this code on

AutoCraft Farm & Truck Farm and Truck Battery, 825 CCA 31-AGM: Get the best Battery at Advance Auto Parts

get the battery for 175 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

odyssey pc 2150 batteries
Odyssey is just re-badged and marked-up price for Sears Platinum. I can vouch for the Die Hard Platinum as a high quality battery and about the best warranty you're going to find. Also considering Sears is like everywhere, you won't have to worry about where you have to go or shipping the battery when/if you need to claim on the warranty.

And the main difference between car audio batteries and standard car batteries, lower esr and more short circuit amps. Making car audio batteries more powerful than your standard battery. If you don't know what ESR and short circuit amps are, I guess you can consider them magical //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
Internal resistance and short circuit amperage are insignificant for a variety of reasons.

First of all, all batteries have internal resistance and that value is not a constant, repeatable number. Moreover, ESR increases in all batteries as they age and, again, that increase is neither constant nor predictable with any degree of accuracy from one cell to the next, let alone from one battery to the next. Second, we don't short batteries when we use them. Thus, the fact that one battery has a short circuit current rating that's 25% higher than the next, is irrelevant to this discussion.

Let's take an example of one $450.00 car audio battery and two $160.00 AGM batteries and for the sake of discussion, let's assume the CA battery to have 25% lower initial ESR and 25% higher SCC. And let's assume that the CA battery is a 125AH and the typical AGMS are 105AH.

The two typical AGMs cost 29% less than one CA battery and they provide 40% more current. All other things being equal, the ESR difference might net you 2/10 of a volt at the amplifier assuming that the ESR of the CA battery's cells never increases or, more realistically, that it increases in concert with those of the typical AGMs throughout it's life span. As for short circuit current, it doesn't doesn't indicate an appreciable increase in current capacity to the CA battery. What it is useful for is determining whether or not the case it's in is capable of withstanding a short circuit safely. That's something that manufacturers are concerned with, not bassheads who fuse at hundreds of amps less than that number.

Given he can only 2 batteries, recharging faster and bursting power is something to consider so when he is trying to play all day he can still start his vehicle afterward...but you're right if comparing infinite amount of batteries esr and burst power won't be as important. But I bet you take a xs d3100 and a regular car battery, drain them both to a 11.9 resting voltage the d3100 will start a vehicle easier and charge back to alt. levels faster

If I am playing music for 6-7 hours out of the truck, with two amps and subs and a capacitor, without the truck running, will I definitely need more than 2 batteries in the truck, or no?? (I'm getting new glow plugs put in the truck btw:)

So I'm on the fence guys about what batteries to buy now... I would really appreciate more definitive opinions. I'm on the fence between:

-2 XS Power batteries at (approx what are they $450 ea.) $1,000!!!! :\

-2, 3, or 4 Interstate Batteries (still don't know precisely which ones, how many, or their costs, but I know they will be less money, plus Interstates carry a great reputation for quality and durability, pus I think they carry a decent warranty! Idk, maybe 3-4 years. I hope they just don't try to pull some "not for commercial applications though" ******** regarding a warranty!!)

-Sears, either of the first two batteries here Automotive Batteries: Shop for Car Batteries at Sears The Platinum's for $200 ea. w/ 4 year warranty, or Gold for $157 ea. w/ a 3 year. (Sears may be my best bet to be honest, as long as they will serve my purpose properly, because being this is a commercial truck w/ commercial abuse sometimes, not running for days upon days sometimes in dead of winter and then having to start, Sears I dont think would ever really even blink an eye if it ever came down to warranty replacements or whatever...?? what do u guys think of these

Or

-Sam's club batteries, like the Optima or Duracell... Altho, a.) none of the Sam's Clubs around me have the best ones in stock, b.) I'm not a member of Sam's Club, and c.) they are all like 45mins-an hour's drive away, and d.) I have no idea which batteries to get, there are too many to choose from, and e.) I have no idea about the warranties..???

Thanks guys, I really welcome all your opinions. I really need to make a judgement call here, and a responsible choice here for this truck

PS. I don't know if I mentioned earlier, but I am going to have a guy I know, expert auto electrics guy, upgrade or else build me a better alternator, and also have him help me wire the whole thing up, just to make sure I have proper charging as well, for when these big batteries get drained from playing, so I can get them to properly charge afterward, etc.. Also, maybe isolate a starting battery, idk, just so it doesn't drain completely for when I need to start the truck at end of day, etc.. Any additional tips are welcomed as well. Thanks

No. They don't. There are dozens of battery manufacturers (if not a few hundred) and there are far fewer build houses than there are manufacturers. In other words, most batteries are made in the same few build houses and the differences are incredibly minor between brands, when we consider materials.
This battery is available at Sam's Club for ~$160.00 and it's the same AGM battery that any number of manufacturers sell for a few hundred dollars more.

So if there is some magical difference between "car audio" agms and standard agms, I don't know what it is, nor does Wikipedia. Only the car audio battery companies know about this Pixy dust and apparently, they can only explain it with word salad. In simple terms, electrons can't read the label on the battery they're flowing through and to boot, they don't even know they're powering up and audio system.

In the end, you'll need at least two 100+AH batteries for a moderate setup in order to do what you plan to do and to be safe, you should have a bank of 2-3 100AH batteries in the back that are dedicated to the audio system and are isolated from the starting batteries because the last thing you need is a low battery when starting a Power Stroke.
completly agree i hear that the shuriken battery and the kinetic batteries are basicly the same but the kinetic cost much more for whatever reason

completly agree i hear that the shuriken battery and the kinetic batteries are basicly the same but the kinetic cost much more for whatever reason
The reason is simple. Because people pay it. If people stopped paying it, the price would fall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.