What can I practice tinting on?

go find some random person's car and practice on their car... just dont let em see you

lol.

Go to a wrecking yard and get a door off a car, and use that as a tesing stand.... thats what id do

yea that does kinda make sense haha..... there are alot of things that i wish i knew how to do that i dont need to know for somthing that i need to do for myself...... if that made any sense haha

if your windows are already tinted, why do you need to practice??
Because I want to learn. I like learning new things and tints aren't easy to do. So I like the challenge and want to learn how to do it.
I know a guy that owns a car shop. They mainly do car audio installations, TVs, and alarms. They also do tints though and they only have one guy doing tints. That guy has Wednesdays off so they loose buisiness on Wednesdays. I spoke with the owner and if I am able to learn how to tint I can get a job there tinting and assisting with audio installs. I want this job because I want to do some thing I like (cars). I use to work at McDonalds, quit after 1 week. Was looking into Publix but seriously that wouldn't be a job that I would look forward to, just the pay checks. With this job I know everybody. Everbody is cool there and you don't have to put up with as much ****. Plus I get paid to do what I like.

I have tinted a few time before, the main problems that I encountered was the initial placing of the tint. I just kept everything really wet so it doesn't stick all over, but the tint creased a couple times for me. Getting everything on and squegeed out wasn't too hard, just the initial applying was hard for me. I just tinted the truck I had because I was broke, turned out great after a couple tries. I would just practice on someones car with no tint, I'm sure they won't mind if you end up doing a good job! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dj-torn

10+ year member
Still learning...
Dj-torn
Fairchild, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date