What can $1000 get me

Stephen Perry

CarAudio.com Newbie
Looking to add a sub(s) and amp to my 2019 Civic. Its already stock with some 6 1/2' front and back as well as some tweeters and a 150 or 180w factory amp. Im just looking to add more bass without drowning what i already got. Seeing as i have zero patience to wait for tax returns im thinking about taking a small loan of $1000 to feed the need and also build up the credit score a bit. Win win, right?
So i talked to a local installer and they recommended a single 12" JBL or JL Stadium speaker, enclosed with a 500w monoblock. With labor, wires etc it came out to around $1150.00 Im usually not the one to ok something on the fly and i simply have no idea if im being taken. I thought about getting the loan and purchasing on my own and handing it over saying here, make it go boom.. but that im sure is probably not a good idea with my level of intellect on this matter. So what do ya'll think? Whats a good setup for around a grand? Sub, amp, enclosure, wiring etc...

Looking to add a sub(s) and amp to my 2019 Civic. Its already stock with some 6 1/2' front and back as well as some tweeters and a 150 or 180w factory amp. Im just looking to add more bass without drowning what i already got. Seeing as i have zero patience to wait for tax returns im thinking about taking a small loan of $1000 to feed the need and also build up the credit score a bit. Win win, right?
So i talked to a local installer and they recommended a single 12" JBL or JL Stadium speaker, enclosed with a 500w monoblock. With labor, wires etc it came out to around $1150.00 Im usually not the one to ok something on the fly and i simply have no idea if im being taken. I thought about getting the loan and purchasing on my own and handing it over saying here, make it go boom.. but that im sure is probably not a good idea with my level of intellect on this matter. So what do ya'll think? Whats a good setup for around a grand? Sub, amp, enclosure, wiring etc...

I had this setup in a 2014 Corolla and it sounds amazing

Soundcubed s1 1250 amp
Single sundown audio sa12 sub

That's like $400 then you need a box and install so should be way under $1k

Please don't take out a loan for car audio.

$1150 in insane for a 12" subwoofer on 500 watts.

Ya, so im digging around and found a 500w Sundown Audio 12" Sub, Ported Enclosure and a Rockford Fosgate Class D amp all for like $300. I would love to do all this on my own, save the cash. But working double shifts, eat, sleep repeat... there's hardly time to breath. Plus when it comes to these newer vehicles with noise cancellation and where to tap in a line converter im pretty much lost and seems easier to just throw money at the problem lol
I haven't had a system in over 20 years. Was rocking some MTX's with a Linear Power amp and loving life back in the day. Driving to work(and back) now is my one escape, my drug of choice, the one thing i like best. That long drive listening to music.
Anyways i think i can get there minus the loan. With what ive found plus, what, $40 for wiring and about $100 or less for labor i can probably skip the loan and get it done around $500. May take a few paychecks but worth the wait!

Ya, so im digging around and found a 500w Sundown Audio 12" Sub, Ported Enclosure and a Rockford Fosgate Class D amp all for like $300. I would love to do all this on my own, save the cash. But working double shifts, eat, sleep repeat... there's hardly time to breath. Plus when it comes to these newer vehicles with noise cancellation and where to tap in a line converter im pretty much lost and seems easier to just throw money at the problem lol
I haven't had a system in over 20 years. Was rocking some MTX's with a Linear Power amp and loving life back in the day. Driving to work(and back) now is my one escape, my drug of choice, the one thing i like best. That long drive listening to music.
Anyways i think i can get there minus the loan. With what ive found plus, what, $40 for wiring and about $100 or less for labor i can probably skip the loan and get it done around $500. May take a few paychecks but worth the wait!

Hey bro much respect to your hustle. Offer up and and local used market can definitely be your friend as it’s full of gems like you stated, don’t be afraid to negotiate, maybe the seller is in a pinch and will take $250, or
$275...the difference pays for the wiring. You should be able to use a simple loc (lc2i) for example will also give you control of the bass you add. They’re frequently for sale on eBay used, maybe even posted a wanted post in this forum for an loc...someone might have one laying around collecting dust.

But yah, don’t take out a loan to get it done.

id get the SunDown sub, the SoundQubed amp, and have a shop build you a proper box

dont skimp on the box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Stephen Perry

CarAudio.com Newbie
Stephen Perry
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Popwarhomie