What brand should i look into for a new head unit??

The question should be, what features do you want?

Pioneer has gone to the waste side but for the P99.

Double din to double the new Clarions over the Pioneers.

But like I, and a few others have said, what features are you after?

A lot of companies have gone, what seems to be the cheap route lately, but to a point that could play in your favor. A lot of options for little price. I was just repeating the words of a local installer about Pioneer going to the waste side. But as luck would have it, he just installed a NIB Pioneer HU, whatever their top of the line model is this year, but right out of the box he had to ground the RCAs to rid the system of engine whine. He said it's been happening a lot w/only their Pioneer HU's.

Clarion might not be at the top of peoples list, but they ought to be. Good quality and a ton of features, the only down side is they don't offer a very tunable HU in the way of EQ/xover options.

I've never been a Kenwood fan but they might be worth looking at. Alpine as well might be worth a gander.

But tell us your goals, limits......

Jvc ***** , mine lasted 3 months so i took it back and exchanged for a alpine and ive had it for several years and sevseral cars and trucks with no issue yet.

Alpine all the way.

I've had problems with Sony's in the past, and Eclipses too.

My best experience has been with Pioneer, I've had everything from my current one in my truck from the early 90's still works great, and one from a couple years ago, I think overall I've had 5 Pioneers.

But also have no complaints about Kenwood, Alpine or Clarion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.