What are the best tweeters you have every heard?

i have had and gone through many diamond hex's. they sound great but dont take abuse too well. i have had some dynaudio tweets that sound sic. i will be getting my diamond d6's in my truck tomarrow. let you know how it goes. they will be off of a JL 300/2 with an arc audio XEQ.

Aura Tweets are very very nice. Rainbow Soundline tweets work very nice too. The only other tweeters I've listened to are the nobium PA ones, which some people call harsh.

Tweeters are for wussies. I like my horns //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Send me some horns to try //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

hey squeak are you running ID horns? what model? ID only makes two models of horns right? one that is like 600 and the one youre referring to right? what can one expect when paying for the 6 hundred dollar horns compared to the lesser ones? im very interested in horns but barely know anything about them.. do they go UNDER the dash where they cant even be seen??

hey squeak are you running ID horns?
No

what model?
Illusion Audio CH1

ID only makes two models of horns right?
No. They make 3. The CD-1e (~$300), the CD-1Pro (~$450), and the CD-2's (~$899)

one that is like 600 and the one youre referring to right?
My horns are comparable to the CD-2's, both of which retail in the $899 range. Also, you can change out the compression drivers. For example, you can get the CD-2's with a Neo magnet, or you can get a Maylar diaphram, etc etc. And then you have different horn bodies; full sized horns and minihorns. Obviously prices can and will vary depending on what you get.

what can one expect when paying for the 6 hundred dollar horns compared to the lesser ones?
Higher efficiency, lower crossover points can be used, better midrange tonality.

im very interested in horns but barely know anything about them.. do they go UNDER the dash where they cant even be seen??
Under the dash; yes. Can they be seen still...yeah, unless you cover them somehow. Mine will be incognito once I finish my install because of the panel I'm going to build.

Focal's older wave guided tweeters are the **** in the right location. I heard them in a guys legend a few years back but almost died when he told me how much he paid for thrm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.