What Amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list

14checker

I am installing 2 12" alpine type R's (12d4)...the amp im looking at is the Rockford Fosgate 1200 watt..Im probably going to wire the subs to a 1 ohm load so each sub would be getting 600 each. Is this a good amp for the subs im getting, or should i get a different amp? I want to power them perfectly so theyre not getting to less or not enough power. Please help!

Depends on which alpines. The newer versions are 1000 rms each if you get an amp that's 2000 rms at 1 ohm you might need to do some work on your cars electrical. Such as big 3 which you should do any ways and a better battery Also your budget comes into play for an amp

Well i thought they were rated at 1000 watts rms..but on sonic electronix they changed them to 600. My friend powered the one type r (the newest ones) with a 1000 watt amp and a week into it the sub blew/overheated with too much power.. It could of been anything i guess but as of right now im looking at the two newest 12in alpine type R's, kenwood hd headunit, 4AWG amp wiring, ported box, and the rockford amp and all that is going to cost $1000. The big 3 upgrade and a better car battery are on my list of wants. I just dont want to buy something then over power it and ruin it within a week or month.

Well your buddy prolly blew that sub. Because he clipped it to death this happens a lot $1000 can get you a decent system from me or any of the vendors on the forum here tho and prolly better than what your looking at now

I currently have 2 10" kicker CompVRs with a Kicker ZX 750 watt amp wired at 2ohms..that how system does pretty good only costed me about $500 but im wanting a newer better system and ive heard and seen the new type R's are pretty good. im only questionable on what amp to get that would power the new 12's perfectly.

If you want a good under rated sub go with sound qubed hc3 they are inexpensive and best BANG for your buck one 12 will cost you 250$ and it RMS at 1500 but can handle way more it peaks and 4000 watts. its and under rated sub. my buddy has 2 15 inch hc3 walled off in a blazer hitting a 153.8. i would suggest going with an audio pipe amp they true to the wattage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

14checker

14checker
Hays, KS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date