What amp? :)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jam1e
10+ year member

Green Bay
So I've decided Im going to buy a Dual 1 Ohm Fi Q 12 soon. I would like to run 1000 watts rms to it for sure. I would also like to run comps up front in the future but not right now. Im just wondering what amp to get to run 1000 watts rms to the sub and then for the comps i choose later down the road. Or should i just get two seperate amps?

Thanks,

Jamie

You're stuck with wiring that sub to either 0.5 ohms or 2 ohms. I'd wire it to 2 ohms and run it on a JBL GTO-1001EZ, and get a different amp for the speakers. That amp isn't too big, it's easy to tune, and it is underrated. There are lots of other amps that will do the job, but I recommend you do not try to run an amp at 0.5 ohms. You're not ready for it.

ok. the budget for an amp is $200. Keep in mind i only have stock electrical but i will do the big 3 to my electrical system.

alright thanks. appreciate all the help. just a quick side question now. Does anyone know any experienced box builders on this forum?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.