im confused about my new ppi 1800.1d ??

big scott

blazin low, and loud
edgewood, md
hi guys,

any body have this amp ???

im looking at the manual and the amp. there are 2 speaker outputs but yet its a 1ch amp ???

i dont get it.

the manual only list rms at 1ch . so if i hook up 2 speakers like manual says i can do what it the rms rating per speaker ?

the manual says...

1ch - 1-8 ohms

stereo (2 ch ) 2-8 ohms

now max for this amp is 1800 rms 1ch at 1 ohm.

So that means I can hook up 1 sub on each ch?

I ask because I could get that sun I want but with d1 and wire it for a 2ohm and I can put that on 1 ch. If that true would love to know what the rms output would be per ch.

see what I mean, im confused.

If I can do that I could hook up 2 subs 1 on each ch.

as I planed on getting 2 subs, but 1 for now.

am I thinking of this all wrong?

It's not 2 channels, it's 1 channel with double the terminals. All this means is if you hook up two subs, say 4 ohms each, with a + and - wire coming separately from each sub, they will be wired in parallel at the amp. That means the amplifier will see 2 ohms at rest.

So that means I can hook up 1 sub on each ch?I ask because I could get that sun I want but with d1 and wire it for a 2ohm and I can put that on 1 ch. If that true would love to know what the rms output would be per ch.

see what I mean, im confused.

If I can do that I could hook up 2 subs 1 on each ch.

as I planed on getting 2 subs, but 1 for now.

am I thinking of this all wrong?
Be certain you wire your speaker to amp using the correct terminals; otherwise, you'd be only utilizing a 1/2 channel...

Be certain you wire your speaker to amp using the correct terminals; otherwise, you'd be only utilizing a 1/2 channel...
dude shut the **** up. You've said too much dumb crap this week.

ok what would be the best way of wiring up my sub's ??

i have 2 scenarios please help... because im going to get 1 sub now maybe next mouth ill get the other.

but im getting a d2 sub.

using 2 subs should i use both terminals? or wire both up to 1 set of terminals ?

ok what would be the best way of wiring up my sub's ??
i have 2 scenarios please help... because im going to get 1 sub now maybe next mouth ill get the other.

but im getting a d2 sub.

using 2 subs should i use both terminals? or wire both up to 1 set of terminals ?
they give you two pairs of terminals to make wiring easier. It's still a one channel amp. Put one sub on one pair of terminals and the second sub on the second pair of terminals.

ok i have been thinking , i think im going to put 1 d2 on this amp.

them get another set up ( same amp - same sub ) as i really not sure how good it would be and how to make 2-d2 subs make a 1 ohm setup for the amp. as i only want to run the amp on 1 ohm. thats why i got a d2 sub.

so i think i would like it better if i just got another amp and sub.

that way 1 amp is supporting 1 sub.

thanks guys. im learning sloooowly ..... lol

ok i have been thinking , i think im going to put 1 d2 on this amp.them get another set up ( same amp - same sub ) as i really not sure how good it would be and how to make 2-d2 subs make a 1 ohm setup for the amp. as i only want to run the amp on 1 ohm. thats why i got a d2 sub.

so i think i would like it better if i just got another amp and sub.

that way 1 amp is supporting 1 sub.

thanks guys. im learning sloooowly ..... lol
you cant do 1 ohm with 2 d2 subs. I also have 2 d2's and they are wired to 2 ohms final impedance because I got a bass boner and thought I was going to buy 2 more subs and do 4 15's in the trunk.

ya i figures i could not get 1 ohm from 2-d2's . if i had the money i would just get 2 subs and wire them two 1 ohm. that was my thinking in the beginning but i have changed my mind. as i'm being picky as i got this amp to run at 1 ohm, and it would **** me off getting a d4 now then another d4 and wiring to 1 ohm. that would mean i would be running 1 sub ( d4 ) at 2 ohms at amp and i don't want that.

so at this point i have 2 options...

1- get a d4 sub now and run it at 2 ohms... i dont like..

or

2- just get my d2 run it at 1 ohm. then in a month or 2 ill get another amp and sub. more expensive but o well.

did you decide not to get the other 2 subs ?

did you decide not to get the other 2 subs ?
I never bothered after I learned about cancellation and other issues. It was just not possible to accomplish this practically and would have been a waste of money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.