What amp to get???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lewbrah485
10+ year member

hello, i just bought 2 12" subs by pyramid (yeah i know pyramid) that run at 600 rms a piece, they are also both 4 ohms. I was wondering how many watts of an amp i should get? Should i get just a 1400 watt amp or higher?? Also i don't wanna spend alot of money so i'll probably just go w/ a pyramid or legacy amp even though they are suppossed to ****. I'm not looking for a competition i just want something that will power my subs. any help will be appreciated, thank you!!

First of all you should get an amp that will be around long after those crappy subs, and the amp should be good enough to power the more advenced subs like jlw3. get an amp that is digital, and has at least 500rms.@4ohms hope fully it will be 1 0hms stable. thats where the power is. then get new subs, there are plenty of subs out there that are cheap and awsome. dont buy that buy one get one free crap spend at least $300. If you have to just get one good $300 sub

i'm not going to spend that much money on my system b/c i don't really care about it that much. i only got it because it was cheap and it will be something. i'll probably get rid of it in year or two so i'm not going to spend that much just for a sub when i already have 2 that will be fine for what i want. will a 1400 watt amp be good?

I would stay away from pyramid amps and legacy as well.

Go with a crunch, profile clarus series, or a jensen.

pyramid and legacy = yardsale/fleamarket= your better off buying an extention cord and pluggin that up to those subs....

for 15 to 20 bucks more you can have one of the three I mentioned above with about 300 to 400 rms at 4 omhs. Try to get a mono block though.

If you dont mind spending about 250 you can get a **** good jbl 1200.1 that is 600 rms and will rock those subs until they blow. Also that amp will be enough to power most anything you would buy

for about 20 bucks less is the jbl 600.1 with 300 rms and more than enough for those subs.

with pyramid and legacy 600 RMS = about 40% of stated watts or 240w rms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.