what amp to get

just to let people know if any amp is set properly they all do the same thing..... amplify....brands don't matter
Some still clip way before others and some dont even do rated power. You cant tell me with a straight face a BOSS 2000 watt amp will compare equally in power output and SQ to a Sundown 2000 watt amp.

Some still clip way before others and some dont even do rated power. You cant tell me with a straight face a BOSS 2000 watt amp will compare equally in power output and SQ to a Sundown 2000 watt amp.
first off, the boss isn't a 2000 watt rms amplifier. What he's basically saying is that if you take a true 2000 watt amp vs another 2000 watt amp you won't hear a difference. The difference comes with the internal processors. If you take a cheap but true 2000 watt amp and use a better external crossover and maybe even a eq, the more expensive amp won't sound any better. The difference in sound isn't the amplifying but the internal sound processors. The more expensive amps usually have better crossovers etc.

first off, the boss isn't a 2000 watt rms amplifier. What he's basically saying is that if you take a true 2000 watt amp vs another 2000 watt amp you won't hear a difference. The difference comes with the internal processors. If you take a cheap but true 2000 watt amp and use a better external crossover and maybe even a eq, the more expensive amp won't sound any better. The difference in sound isn't the amplifying but the internal sound processors. The more expensive amps usually have better crossovers etc.
Thats not what he said. You have to compare apples to apples based on advertised specs. Not on bench tests. You cant take an amp that is rated at 1500@1 and you know it puts out 2000@1 and compare it to a 2000@1 amp that barely does 2000@1. Thats not apples to apples. My point stands.

do you guys think the soundstream 1700dtr or the soundstream 2200 dtr would be better to push the two 12" RE SEX's?

cause if youre sure that the 1.2200d wont do 2200 wrms and more like 2000wrms wouldn't that be better than if the 1.1700d doesnt do its 1700wrms?

Anyone on here talking bad about the SS DTR line has obviously never owned one. I consider suggesting an AP over a DTR pure blasphemy. That DTR 2200 does rated. Period. It's a solid amp just like the entire DTR line. I actually owned, clamped, tested and won with a DTR 3400. There is no better watt per dollar amp out there. And that includes the MBQ's. $220 for a bnib DTR 2200 is basically giving it away. I haven't seen the guts on the 2200, but I bet it's just the 1 ohm version of the 3400 and I used to burp my 3400 @ .25 all day long and ran it @ .5 daily for months. I'd put the SS 2200 up against an AQ2200 any day.

Go with the SS, dude. You won't be disappointed.

1st place. 0-1kw trunk with a SS DTR3400. 2nd place was using a D9 on a pair of 15's.

P7012391 by TaylorFade, on Flickr

Anyone on here talking bad about the SS DTR line has obviously never owned one. I consider suggesting an AP over a DTR pure blasphemy. That DTR 2200 does rated. Period. It's a solid amp just like the entire DTR line. I actually owned, clamped, tested and won with a DTR 3400. There is no better watt per dollar amp out there. And that includes the MBQ's. $220 for a bnib DTR 2200 is basically giving it away. I haven't seen the guts on the 2200, but I bet it's just the 1 ohm version of the 3400 and I used to burp my 3400 @ .25 all day long and ran it @ .5 daily for months. I'd put the SS 2200 up against an AQ2200 any day.
Go with the SS, dude. You won't be disappointed.

1st place. 0-1kw trunk with a SS DTR3400. 2nd place was using a D9 on a pair of 15's.

P7012391 by TaylorFade, on Flickr
do you need anything extra to run the dtr1.300d like a second battery or a HO alternator?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.