what amp to buy, 2 audiobahn AW1208X

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 3K
U

Unregistered

i just decied to redue my system and started by buying 2 new audiobahn AW1208X subs each one can handle 1500 watts RMS. I am keeping my head unit a pioneer premire P-720 also i have 4 fosegate 1 farad power caps linked together. now that i have the subs i need to pick an amp i have three in mind but i am open to other suggestions, the 3 i have in mind are the MA Audio HC4002 it is .5 ohm stable in stereo so each speaker would get about 2000 watts RMS, the second amp is the audiobahn A2300HCX it is also .5 ohm stereo stable im not sure about how much power it will put out but at 4 ohm stereo it is 300 watts rms and the third choice is the JBL BP-1200.1 with that amp i will wire each sub to 2 ohms and the together to make a ohm ohm load that the amp can handle i think at ohm ohm each speaker should get about 1200 watts rms. any help on which amp i should choose would be great. also is there a company that makes a sealed hatchback style box to fit these subs. they weigh 54 lbs a peice and have a magnet almost 12 in diameter. thanks for any help

john

one thing that i've noticed about audiobahn subs is u must feed them alot of power to get them moving. if its a 1500 watt rms sub, and ur getting 2 of them, then give them 3000 watts rms. most/all audiobahn subs seem like they are power hungry subs, so if ur set on getting those, better get a big amp or two big amps, otherwise, switch woofers.

I didn't have to feed my Audiobahn Alum10x with but 125 wats of power to get it moving, but in your case, you probaly will need aver 250 for it to sound good.

that thread was started by me before i registered here, i ended up getting (2) MA audio HC2501 amps they are 1250w rms to one chan. both the speakers will be here tomorrow, the amps by the middle of next week and i got 4 monster cable brand power caps. ill let you know how it comes out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.