What amp should I buy

How cheap? I have the same subs on a smart 3 bass wired to .5 they could probably take more but I’m happy with rms right now.
I have 2 DC L4 12s, my old American bass amp blew, and a friend has a skv2 4500 he wants to sell me for cheap, (Ik the 4500 is overpowered) should I go with that or buy something new that’s smaller?

Yes, I would say so
Thank you!!
How cheap? I have the same subs on a smart 3 bass wired to .5 they could probably take more but I’m happy with rms right now.
I ran my last amp at .5 probably why it died, the 12s are also built a little(I don’t know to what extent) I think I’m gonna go with the 4500 Bc it’s a pretty good price, and wire it to 2ohm

Knowing you “need to do” those things, you already know you’re cutting yourself short to begin with. Just saying man. And the smart 3 bass is .5 rated, if you’re happy with rise after 2 ohm then hopefully the 4500 is enough for you. I’ve heard of the lvl 4 getting ar upgrades and whatnot but nothing adds rms ratings, that’s where the next level sub comes in. I’ve asked dc directly on that topic, trying to keep sub size but add rms isnt happening
I need to do the big3 and an alternator, I have 0g for wire, and two batteries, definitely not enough for full power on the 4500

Knowing you “need to do” those things, you already know you’re cutting yourself short to begin with. Just saying man. And the smart 3 bass is .5 rated, if you’re happy with rise after 2 ohm then hopefully the 4500 is enough for you. I’ve heard of the lvl 4 getting ar upgrades and whatnot but nothing adds rms ratings, that’s where the next level sub comes in. I’ve asked dc directly on that topic, trying to keep sub size but add rms isnt happening
I’m sorry man I’m new to this bigger ****, can you explain rise with more ohms, what will I lose by going to 2ohm?
i enjoy the sound at .5 ohm, should I go with a smart 3 bass or a used 4500?
I want reliable and solid power

Depends on what you are getting that 4500 for. You need to do electrical upgrades either way to power two 1400 rms subwoofers properly. At 2 ohms that 4500 is probably going to do 2500 rms at best on a sine wave and proper electrical.
I would run it at .5 but 100% upgrade your alternator first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...