What Amp Do I Need Please Help

GhostM4A1

WI
Hello, before I begin I want to note that I am running on a factory amp. I am kind of new to the audio scene and was wondering what I need for an amp. My front and back speakers are Kicker 40CS654, Handles up to 300W peak power, 100W Nominal, 4 ohms impedance, 40Hz–20kHz frequency response.

I recently bought a subwoofer to replace my factory sub that blew out. It's a Kicker 40CWD84. It's an 8" Dual 4-ohm voice coil. 50-200 watts RMS (100 watts per coil) peak power is 400watts. Frequency response is 30-500hz

Running on the factory amp, my speakers sound great, but my subwoofer doesn't do much at all, it just hums, with a little thump, but not much. The factory amp is a 120watt amp.

What kind of channel, watts etc am I looking for into an amplifier. Also, when adding an amplifier, do I have to rewire everything? I might have a shop just do it for me if that's the case, because that sounds difficult.

Somehow I knew that question would get asked.

No....in fact that's plenty of power. If your concerned about it, can always turn the gain on the amp down less.

Hello, before I begin I want to note that I am running on a factory amp. I am kind of new to the audio scene and was wondering what I need for an amp. My front and back speakers are Kicker 40CS654, Handles up to 300W peak power, 100W Nominal, 4 ohms impedance, 40Hz–20kHz frequency response.
I recently bought a subwoofer to replace my factory sub that blew out. It's a Kicker 40CWD84. It's an 8" Dual 4-ohm voice coil. 50-200 watts RMS (100 watts per coil) peak power is 400watts. Frequency response is 30-500hz

Running on the factory amp, my speakers sound great, but my subwoofer doesn't do much at all, it just hums, with a little thump, but not much. The factory amp is a 120watt amp.

What kind of channel, watts etc am I looking for into an amplifier. Also, when adding an amplifier, do I have to rewire everything? I might have a shop just do it for me if that's the case, because that sounds difficult.
hey that amp guy has forsale is a pretty good deal even does 400 at 2 ohm if u ever get another or 2nd sub.. but ppi will work well..

If your doors sound good you could just run a mono amp to your sub. You can pick up a nice 200-300 watt mono amp for cheap. Installation on a 5 channel or a mono amp is pretty easy and there are lots of diy instructions around on the Web and on YouTube you could check out before diving into it.

Somehow I knew that question would get asked.
No....in fact that's plenty of power. If your concerned about it, can always turn the gain on the amp down less.
Also, what kind of wiring do I need? It says the amp need 4 gauge... but what wiring kit am I looking for?

Also, what kind of wiring do I need? It says the amp need 4 gauge... but what wiring kit am I looking for?
if u getting 4 channel just search 4 channel amp wire kit on ebay and amazon., get 4ga would be best., it'll have rcas and like 17ft of power wire, 3-5ft ground wire, fuse for battery, remote turn on wire and maybe speaker wire.. probably $40-$80, i'd give u a link but none i post are working.. did u get 4 channel or mono amp?, if speakers sound fine maybe easier and cheaper to buy 250d for sub rf is nice one..

http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-audio/amp-installation-kits/sp/complete-4-gauge-4-channel-amplifier-installation-kit-/
I have this very same wiring kit. Just need another pair of RCA's for a 5 ch amp, for 55 bucks, gonna be hard to beat. Wish someone would make a 5 ch amp wiring kit. That would be awesome.
If I wanted a power acoustik 154X it has 1700watt rms and 3000watt peak... it's a dual 4 ohm coil....

would this be a good amp to run it? Also, my speakers sound fine right now and it's hooked to stock amp and they sound fine already. How do I add a mono amp without messing with my factory amp? Or do I need to take out my factory amp to put a mono? My speakers sound crisp and loud, I just want to have some good *** bass.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_112713_Power-Acoustik-BAMF1-8000D.html

If I wanted a power acoustik 154X it has 1700watt rms and 3000watt peak... it's a dual 4 ohm coil....
would this be a good amp to run it? Also, my speakers sound fine right now and it's hooked to stock amp and they sound fine already. How do I add a mono amp without messing with my factory amp? Or do I need to take out my factory amp to put a mono? My speakers sound crisp and loud, I just want to have some good *** bass.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_112713_Power-Acoustik-BAMF1-8000D.html
#1 don't want that sub #2 it is not 1700rms it has a 2.5" coil like my pioneer and a fu 750 and sundown sa i assure it don't handle more power than any of those.. if u want a nice sub and amp we can help u start with sundown audio.com look at sundown E (500rms 2.5" coil) handles more but not over 1k and compared to what u have had that sub ported will kill u.. get ppi 100.1 $111 on ebay or rf 750 amazon i think it's $215 very nice amp and a decent ported box.. if u want a 15 sundown has those too if u wanta better than the e look at the SA or the FU 750 or if u really wanta spend $ on a amp get the 1250 (3" coil) or cab ultra 750 and cab amp $199 it's 1200rms forreal at 2 ohm and 1600 @ 1ohm i ordered one for guy 2 weeks ago it was here in 2 days.. u need to read a lot.. but start with just seeing good stuff thats out there under say $250 the e is $149 i think., if u used to a 8 u do ported 12 with 600-750rms it's like 40x louder.. i would give u links but can't get any to work on here..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.