What amp ....$600 spending limit

boominbass
10+ year member

NJ
I have 2 Alpine type r's the 4 ohm models....what amp would you guys get with about $600? I got tired of my 500 watt rms amp and want to upgrade!!! or what set up would you guys get for about $800 subs and amp ( preferably 1 or 2 12"s) that wont stain the electrical system... THe balance i am looking for is like a 60/40 split between spl/sq like idmax's,xxx's,ed' A's, etc...come up with whatever you want...I will listen..thanks

I dont know what you're driven, but 2 12" ed A's, XXX's or anything of that sort will strain your electrical system if given the power they deserve. I would look more towards and ed K or an RE RE or RE SE. As for the amp....if you have 2 Type R's and you're sealed I would say 650 watts would be nice, so what about a JBL 600.1

I drive a 94 bmw 325i...the box is sealed. I think its time to upgrade
have u done any modifications to ur trunk yet? have u used deadener, taken out ur rear speakers, make use of the ski hole or fold down seats.

It took me alot of work to get clean bass into the cabin of my car. I took out the rear panel put sound deadener under it and make to big cuts in it. Also i took out the rear speakers, and reinforced the rear deck by putting a little padding inbetween the glass and the rear deck cuz the SPL was causing it to smack against the glass and make a horrible rattle. Then in the trunk i did about 60sqft of sound deadener in my trunk which made a big difference in sound as well. also i dont have a ski hole or fold down seats but there was this square where the ski hole or arm rest should be that i punched out which also helped.

Im going to defineatly take out the rear fold down seats as soon as i kno how ( no one sits back there anyways ), how do i take out the rear speakers and what do you do with the 2 gaps when theyre taken out? what type of padding did you put btw the rear deck and the glass? thanks

well i suggest u try both ways to see what u like better. I have mine facing out. It gives better SPL but facing them in the car as long as ur seats are down will probly sound a bit better but wont get as loud. and if u face em in the car u wont really have to worry about rattles. Since u have fold down seats u wont have to worry that much about messing with the rear deck then like i did. The whole point of taking out rear speakers is to have the two fat holes left there so more bass can get into the car. But u dont have to.

i just rolled up some duct tape and shoved it between there. it is ghetto but u can use anything just to stop it from moving.

as for ur setup i would get 2 ED O's. They would blow away ur Type R's in SQ and SPL. then id get a hifonics bx1000d. This shouldnt strain ur electrical too bad. i think O's are 200 bucks each. look on http://www.edesignaudio.com and look on ikesound.com for the hifonics amps

Ok, 800 bucks to spend.... so

If you are willing to go with one 12 I would suggest a Magnum D2 (300 shipped) powered by a Avionixx 800.2. Port the Magnum to 30 hz in a 2 cu. foot box for excellent bass that will sound great and push some numbers.

Or, if you are wanting two subs, I would suggest 2 RE SE's and a JBL 1200.1 or 2 Ed K's and an Xtant A600T (229 shipped at sounddomain)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.