What about the door Panels?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DJ B-Stee
10+ year member

When you guys do kick panels up front, what do u do about the speakers & grills in the doors? do you leave them empty, fill em, cover em, or what? just curious cuz im thinking about getting components but i'd like to use the door panels, but they are 4x6 spaces...

You'd most likely need to do some cutting or make a custom bracket to mount your components if you were to use your stock locations.

As for the kicks, I leave my doors empty ... if there are grille's and I'm in a picky mood, I'll re-cover the doors.

- Steve

how hard would it be to custom mount them in the stock locations? cuz the grille is 6" but the actual mounting area is only a 4x6, would it be harder to make a speaker fit in there than to fiberglass a kick?

I'd just go ahead and make kicks ... they'll help with your imaging and I think you'd be happier. Easy to make ... see Gauntlet's kick panel tutorial in the Fiberglass/Box section - it's the Sticky @ the top.

- Steve

What size components would you recommend me getting? i dont want my floorspace occupied too much by my kick panel, but i would like a full sounding midrange. I was thinking 5.25's, but i just found a 3-way setup that may make sense to get, it's a 6.5, a 4", and a tweet. then i could mount the 4" in the door and the 6.5 on the floor

6.5's would be ideal ... 5.25's would work ...

3 way's are cool ... listen to a bunch of 2 ways and 3 ways and see which you like best ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.