Weight of fiberglass?

Participant count
  • Participant list

awalbert88
10+ year member

Blame Canada
I looked, but haven't seen this particular question answered here before.

What is the rough weight of a fiberglass back seat install, not counting subs/amps? Also, roughly how much material is needed to build it? I'm thinking of something that would cover from the rear deck onto the side panels and seating area and down to the floor in the back of my '98 Mustang. I don't have a lot of experience in fiberglassing, but I'm going to be doing a lot of smaller projects in the next couple months before I begin my summer system build-up. The back seat is worthless for seating, but I need my trunk for carrying things (groceries, etc).

I realize to get a professional to do this kind of work would probably cost thousands, and I realize it won't be easy for a novice to do, but I'm willing to screw it up and have to do it over again if I can get the desired "woah" effect //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

For equipment, I'll be running a single 12W7 (possibly a second if I get this new job at Tweeter and get the employee discount). It will be powered by a JBL BP1200.1, and I also have an Eclipse 33250 powering the front stage. I'm going to incorporate the amps into a plexiglass-covered section on each side. And for the lower section not covered by subs/amps, I've been thinking about having a machine shop cut out a metal outline of the running Mustang and back-light it with neons.

Thoughts?

Attached is my rather pathetic attempt to show what I'm looking for.

Here's a better example of what I'm talking about:

4556sema_007.jpg

It'd be sort of like that..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.