weather's effect on SPL

soooo, lets say for the sake of argument we can have the subs at room temp. what is that like 70 degrees F? something like that, and the air is like just above freezing, would that be good condition(in theory) to achieve a high SPL just based on the the air in the cabin?

soooo, lets say for the sake of argument we can have the subs at room temp. what is that like 70 degrees F? something like that, and the air is like just above freezing, would that be good condition(in theory) to achieve a high SPL just based on the the air in the cabin?
hard to determine, some equipment may perform much better when cold, others may be more likely to fail

my last spl testing. we installed the morning of the show and did a 160.8 in a hot parking lot outside all day.took it home it sat in the garage for 2 weeks nothing touched.we wanted to get a base number before we started deadener. we charged the batts to the same voltage waited for it to drop and hit it with same volume and same freq and it hit a 161.5. this was done back in colorado 5280ft.now according to a few friends that went to finals dbdrag and usaci they gained 1db at the event.but as for a combination of heat and elev I dont know the diff. so i couldent say you could gain 2 db going to lower elev and temp.

then another friend hunter from NM says most people loose db's at finals because they were doing something at shows that they should not have so it drops there score!

PS.

the testing we did at the show and jaffe's meter were dead on.

Trying to sqweak out every little bit from that little Autotek huh lol
haha, no not quite.

Just pure curiosity is all, besides that autotek is a beast. it actually does 1,000,000 watts @ 4 ohms. its fully stable down to .0000000025ohms. I just have the gain turned down right now while I'm breaking in my sub. once it breaks in, Ill get the gain dialed in and start worrying about numbers.

From my understanding, temp and elevation alone mean little. The actually difference maker is air density and humidity. However ambient air density and humidity will be relative to location.

Cooler, humid air is more dense and offers less compression than thin dry air. The A/C works great for cooling the air, but it acts as a dehumidifier. So on that assumption, a perfect setup would use a form of radiant cooling with some sort of humidifier?

Yeah, i am guessing here.

Air density (via cooler air) seems to always help ppl a little. I would strongly suspect lower elevation would help as well. Many reports of running A/C before a run to get the air cool helping. I see a lot of veterans waiting to do runs in evening shows waiting for air to cool off.

haha, no not quite.
Just pure curiosity is all, besides that autotek is a beast. it actually does 1,000,000 watts @ 4 ohms. its fully stable down to .0000000025ohms. I just have the gain turned down right now while I'm breaking in my sub. once it breaks in, Ill get the gain dialed in and start worrying about numbers.
fawk, guy who sold me mine said it was the only one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.