Weak bass after sub replacement

Ninjakillz

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 18, 2019
California
How’s I going y’all? I need some help. Last week I finally got my blown subwoofer (alpine swt4-10) replaced. When to the audio shop got it installed back into the box and it no longer hits like how it used to before blowing. I have 2 subwoofers and 1 Jl audio jx500/1D amp. They are ran in series if I remember correctly. I would take it back but my work schedule lately has been rough to plan around. Hopefully y’all can help me! Thank you for your time!

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
The shop may have set the gains and tuned to keep from clipping/ blowing the sub, so you will have the sub a bit longer and not have to buy another soon.What are your Enclosure measurements? Is or Sealed or Ported ? Tuned? If so what Htz?Those subs handle 350 rms each.The amplifier is only rated for 500x1 @ 2 Ohms.I personally give my subs about 100RMS of power needed and on up for my Sub woofer supply. Id look at the enclosure specs for the subs.Check your setting on theHU( may even have to reset and re-adjust)

Reactions: Ninjakillz
OP
N

Ninjakillz

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 18, 2019
California
The shop may have set the gains and tuned to keep from clipping/ blowing the sub, so you will have the sub a bit longer and not have to buy another soon.What are your Enclosure measurements? Is or Sealed or Ported ? Tuned? If so what Htz?Those subs handle 350 rms each.The amplifier is only rated for 500x1 @ 2 Ohms.I personally give my subs about 100RMS of power needed and on up for my Sub woofer supply. Id look at the enclosure specs for the subs.Check your setting on theHU( may even have to reset and re-adjust)
I can’t honestly give you the specs of the box sorry. Also they just wired it back up and placed it in the box and said I was good to go. Since then it sounds muddy and weak compared to when it was new.

Oldmang

CarAudio.com noob
Aug 11, 2019
Az
How’s I going y’all? I need some help. Last week I finally got my blown subwoofer (alpine swt4-10) replaced. When to the audio shop got it installed back into the box and it no longer hits like how it used to before blowing. I have 2 subwoofers and 1 Jl audio jx500/1D amp. They are ran in series if I remember correctly. I would take it back but my work schedule lately has been rough to plan around. Hopefully y’all can help me! Thank you for your time!
Single 4ohm coiled subs and they're in series (8ohm)?

Reactions: audiobaun

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Latest classifieds