Weak bass after sub replacement

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ninjakillz

CarAudio.com Newbie
How’s I going y’all? I need some help. Last week I finally got my blown subwoofer (alpine swt4-10) replaced. When to the audio shop got it installed back into the box and it no longer hits like how it used to before blowing. I have 2 subwoofers and 1 Jl audio jx500/1D amp. They are ran in series if I remember correctly. I would take it back but my work schedule lately has been rough to plan around. Hopefully y’all can help me! Thank you for your time!

The shop may have set the gains and tuned to keep from clipping/ blowing the sub, so you will have the sub a bit longer and not have to buy another soon.What are your Enclosure measurements? Is or Sealed or Ported ? Tuned? If so what Htz?Those subs handle 350 rms each.The amplifier is only rated for 500x1 @ 2 Ohms.I personally give my subs about 100RMS of power needed and on up for my Sub woofer supply. Id look at the enclosure specs for the subs.Check your setting on theHU( may even have to reset and re-adjust)

The shop may have set the gains and tuned to keep from clipping/ blowing the sub, so you will have the sub a bit longer and not have to buy another soon.What are your Enclosure measurements? Is or Sealed or Ported ? Tuned? If so what Htz?Those subs handle 350 rms each.The amplifier is only rated for 500x1 @ 2 Ohms.I personally give my subs about 100RMS of power needed and on up for my Sub woofer supply. Id look at the enclosure specs for the subs.Check your setting on theHU( may even have to reset and re-adjust)
I can’t honestly give you the specs of the box sorry. Also they just wired it back up and placed it in the box and said I was good to go. Since then it sounds muddy and weak compared to when it was new.

How’s I going y’all? I need some help. Last week I finally got my blown subwoofer (alpine swt4-10) replaced. When to the audio shop got it installed back into the box and it no longer hits like how it used to before blowing. I have 2 subwoofers and 1 Jl audio jx500/1D amp. They are ran in series if I remember correctly. I would take it back but my work schedule lately has been rough to plan around. Hopefully y’all can help me! Thank you for your time!
Single 4ohm coiled subs and they're in series (8ohm)?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.