Southeast Region We need your help, support, and ideas!

AR,AL,GA,FL,KY,LA,MS,NC,SC,TN,VA
Here's the deal...

Neill and I have a very close, personal friend who is like family to us. His wife was diagnosed a couple of years ago with a number of things: IC Disease which is a disease of the bladder, kidney stone disease, endemetriosis, and fibromyalgia. She has to be cath'd every day and a solution injected into her bladder. She is on a bag FULL of medicine. They drive to Shands twice a WEEK for her treatments. This has become very expensive. They have two young daughters. He is a police officer and he is busting his butt, working 80+ hours a week just to make ends meet and afford her meds and treatments. It's still not cutting it. There is no cure for IC at the moment, it is only treatable.

Our hearts are breaking for our friends. I am leaving them nameless until we are able to discuss our idea with them. It's a very sensitive situation to have their name out in the community. The entire thing is just hard.

Here's what we're thinking....

A triple point event in either Thomasville,GA or Tallahassee, FL. All money raised from this event will go DIRECTLY to them to help with medical expenses. All of it.

In the next few days, we will be contacting DB DragRacing and our various sponsors for help with event expenses, trophies, and raffle prizes.

This is what we are asking...

We need an evnt promoter willing to donate their time. We will be contacting trophy manufacturers for their support. Any and all help is appreciated.

We are thinking late June/ early July.

Who's in? Is this something you guys would be willing to get behind?

This is a fledgling idea and as the next few days pass, we will be nailing down details. If you guys have any ideas, we are open to them. Please copy and paste this to any other forum you wish to spread the word. If you would, please email the link. hollidowdy@gmail.com

Thanks, everyone!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.