Wanting to get orion HCCA 12", What all do I need?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jmward2008

Md
Currently my setup is a single kicker l7, with hifonics 1816 amp. I like it, but wanting to step up big at tax time, was thinking hcca from orion, but have no idea where to start since its a whole diff game. Any input would be great, thanks

Don't look at Orion. They are not as good as the consumer market thinks they are. Very inefficient with weak motors. Most of the weight is in the basket and motor cover ups.

Going from an l7 12 to an hcca 12 doesn't seem like largely that much difference. You lose come area for power handling. What are you wanting to accomplish? What is your setup now as far as ohm load and box specs?

What do you suggest? I need a single sub setup. I mean, I have my l7 at 450w right now, so its got plenty of room, but I want killer bass. Just not sure what all to do to run tjat type of power. All my prev. Systems were under 1kw

Wired @2ohms, its currently in a kicker ported box. Amp is supposedly o ly 450w @2 ohm rms, idk, they are so strange with their specs

Any recommendations for a decent priced amp for the l7? Mine now only puts around 450w at 2ohms, and Im being robbed I know it lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.