wanted to know which 6x8's were best now I WANT/NEED new subwoofer enclosure.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I had an itch about a year ago that I needed better woofers and I replaced my 10 inch kicker with 2 JL TW3 D4'S I looked everywhere that I could for a prefab box and after a few ugly low quality looking pre fabs I decided to make my own I wanted the box to be a specific size for my F250 . I build it and have been pretty happy with them. Now i just bought an amp and some new door speakers and wanted to know which 6x8s were the best. After many hours on this forum now I think I need a new box. My current box is a wedge seal with 2 12tw3 d4's 6.5" bottom depth 17"tall 4"depth at the top and 36" wide. Now Im thinking of relocating the window motor above about 6 inches and enclosing it. so that I can make a new Box that would be 58 inches wide 4" deep at the top and 7.5 at the bottom 17" tall.

4" x 17" x 7.5" x 58" using the 12v calculator I get 2.1539 cf not accounting for the speakers volume. JL specs say that these subs need .8 cf but after being educated here I know believe that I need my box to be bigger. Should I build it? and if so should I ported? I do love the lows. Thanks! PS this forum got me good!lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.