Want to uprgrade my 10" subs in my 2009 ford f150 super crew

algomaspur

I currently have an alpine cd player , two single voice coil 10" kicker comp s speakers and a kicker 600.1 amp 654 rms. The alpine power pack amplifier runs the 4 6x8 kicker coax speakers in the doors. I wanted to add an additional 600.1 amp and swap out my existing 10" speakers for something that can handle the increased wattage. Below are my speaker box dimensions. Can I effectively increase the bass I am looking for bass that you can hear down the road.

Dimensions: Width 50-1/2" x Height 13-3/4" x Depth 8-3/4"

Install Location: Under Rear Seat

Install Notes: No Modifications Required

Mounting Depth: 5 Inches

Air Space: 0.80 Cubic Ft

Sealed box

Down fire

what do you think of sundown audio shallow mount speakers are they any good.?

oops I forgot to add that I don't have a budget and my listening habits are mostly bass tracks that you can hear from long distances with minimal distortion. Also I am looking for dual 2 ohm speakers that I can bridge to 4ohm.

SUNDOWN-AUDIO-SD-3-10-D2-10-500W-RMS-DUAL-2-OHM-SHALLOW-SUBWOOFER-SPEAKER-NEW

Any help much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alpine type r 10's would do pretty good on that power and box volume. If the box is a prefab I would consider fiberglassing the corners. If you really want to get louder I would consider quality 8's in a ported enclosure.

what do you think of sundown audio shallow mount speakers are they any good.

SUNDOWN-AUDIO-SD-3-10-D2-10-500W-RMS-DUAL-2-OHM-SHALLOW-SUBWOOFER-SPEAKER-NEW

Our boxes are made with pride in our own facility here at HifiSoundConnection. They are constructed with the highest quality MDF that meets our rigid standards. Unlike our competitors we do not use pressed cardboard or rice wood materials from overseas. Using top quality MDF makes the enclosure much more rigid and gives your subwoofer a great platform to perform at it's best. This makes our boxes a little more expensive but you truly do get what you pay for. Our boxes are made from precision cuts of MDF. They are then liquid nailed, nailed and completely sealed. We then wrap them with high quality carpet that matches most vehicle interiors. All Boxes feature high grade spring loaded terminal cup(s) for the absolute best connection possible. All the custom series enclosures are made to fit precisely into your 09-12 Ford F150 Super Crew to the get the max performance from every extra inch of wasted space. We guarantee you will not only see a difference in the quality of the boxes we build, but you will hear the difference and that is what is it is truly all about.

If you need to ask which subs would be best for you, please include the following:

Number of subs preferred:

Size preferred (if configuration allows):

Budget:

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance):

Space available (take measurements, do not guess):

Goals:

Listening habits:

Preferred brands/subs/whatever:

yes sometimes it is because I can gather information faster myself then get any help 100 views later and no replies. Man people must think they can't beat kicker comps s speakers they must be the best out there if vendors are lurking you would think they would try to at least push their product.lol

Well.. sundown sd-3 8's mounting depth are not close to 6".. They are 4.45 or 4.5 so if you have 5" to play with then you are golden on running these..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well.. sundown sd-3 8's mounting depth are not close to 6".. They are 4.45 or 4.5 so if you have 5" to play with then you are golden on running these..
Sd3 8's aren't in production yet but coming soon...The sd3 10's have a 4.45" tmd so yeah they would work.

Our boxes are made with pride in our own facility here at HifiSoundConnection. They are constructed with the highest quality MDF that meets our rigid standards. Unlike our competitors we do not use pressed cardboard or rice wood materials from overseas. Using top quality MDF makes the enclosure much more rigid and gives your subwoofer a great platform to perform at it's best. This makes our boxes a little more expensive but you truly do get what you pay for. Our boxes are made from precision cuts of MDF. They are then liquid nailed, nailed and completely sealed. We then wrap them with high quality carpet that matches most vehicle interiors. All Boxes feature high grade spring loaded terminal cup(s) for the absolute best connection possible. All the custom series enclosures are made to fit precisely into your 09-12 Ford F150 Super Crew to the get the max performance from every extra inch of wasted space. We guarantee you will not only see a difference in the quality of the boxes we build, but you will hear the difference and that is what is it is truly all about.
Custom? Lol. Cookie cutter prefab......junk.

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

My bad.. I meant 10's...
All good. Those 10's slap though, very nice shallows.

Thanks for your great responses I will let you know how they sound.
most likely not that good at all if you are buying boxes from HifiSoundConnection. Those are bottom of the barrel chinese grade mdf that will fall apart along with the box being designed by a chimpanzee. all in all, good luck getting loud with those boxes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.