Want to upgrade system.

Participant count
  • Participant list

kellerman

CarAudio.com Newbie
NC
Currently just running a jl audio xd400/4 and a 10 jl audio sub i got them for free, idk anything about them.

Looking for more bass , want a quality sound , i like the hard low bass feeling. Thinking about getting 2 AB XFL12’s (or something similar for a little cheaper maybe)

What kind of amp am i looking at getting and spending on it? or is the one i have good?
I drive a 2004 chevy trailblazer, battery is 2 years old probably now.. do i need electrical upgrades or anything?

You have a 4 channel amp which is better suited for running your front speakers
It will defiantly not run those AB's
For the cost you can something similar to the AB's but $275 for a 1000 watt 12 is pretty good
The SSA Icon is a good sub for the same price but the AB is just as good so....
If your looking for amps this one should do with room to spare
https://www.amazon.ca/Taramps-HD300...3301a&pd_rd_wg=83cKI&pd_rd_i=B00FGULS78&psc=1
All this being said if you don't put them in a proper box they do anywhere near what they are capable of.
Say no to prefab boxes!!
If you can build one your self hit up Buck on this site and for an incredibly good price he can design one for you.
If you can't, go somewhere and have them do it.

You should upgrade your battery with an AGM and then do the big 3 or some people do the big 4 but I personally fear change so I'm sticking with the 3.
Upgrading your stock wiring is cheap and makes a huge difference so it's a no brainer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.