Want to get 6.5" Speakers BUT!

Stros
10+ year member

Michigan
Ok, i got a firebird right now, im putting a 12" RE SE in it soon, and im debating the stock door speakers are not going to sound very good. Can anyone reccomend some good speakers i could run off of just my head unit? no amp.

off the HU...... with an SE12 you will need aftermarket speakers that usually need an amp.

i love my Type R components but you need an external amp..... anyone else have some ideas?

CDT components from TPLAYA07 will be 150 shipped. i got some, they are **** nice.

but its gonna be another 150ish for a nice amp to run them. you might as well save another 150 for the amp and save yourself the heartbreak of a crappy amp... well.. being crappy.

Don't get caught up in the CDT hype...............

Pioneer REV co-axials are supposed to be pretty amazing. Boston Acoustics makes some great co-axials too (my personal favorites //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ). Alpine co-axials are pretty decent.

off head unit power i would recommend a nice pair of coaxials. most components i have seen dont have such great sensitivity which i believe is the stat that determines how well it responds to a given amount of power.

i used infinity kappa 63.5i 's for months off my head unit and they paired up nicely with my ported brahma 15. dont be fooled into thinking you absolutely must have an amp to get superior sound. maybe take a look into eclipse pointsources?

im confident in saying that most any competent set of speakers will definitly sound noticibly better than stock, even off head unit power.

Don't get caught up in the CDT hype...............

Pioneer REV co-axials are supposed to be pretty amazing. Boston Acoustics makes some great co-axials too (my personal favorites //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ). Alpine co-axials are pretty decent.

What's your problem with CDT ? I see you pimp RE like there's no tomarrow, and then denounce CDT ? Have you listened to them before ? My HD-62's outperform any other speaker I've heard (of the same pricerange).

ehhh all those opinions are personal some people dont like CDT some love them same with everything else......why do you question someone elses opinion? it is because you are not confident in your own?..... we shall see young grasshoppa.....

What's your problem with CDT ? I see you pimp RE like there's no tomarrow, and then denounce CDT ? Have you listened to them before ? My HD-62's outperform any other speaker I've heard (of the same pricerange).

When have I "pimped" RE?? If you notice, I usually try (depending on time constraints) to mention atleast 5 different options to give the original poster a breadth of options to research or to atleast get them started on researching different products that might fit their tastes. (unlike the CDT following who make it sound like it is the end of the world if the person doesn't purchase CDT). I hardly ever recommend RE subs (because I know some one else will), and depending on the original posters budget I may throw the RE comps in as an option, sometimes. But I almost always give more than a single option as to not single out any one product because everyone has different tastes and what one person likes, another person may not.

If you like your CDT's, more power to ya. If you don't like my opinion, too damn bad. If you want to know why I feel the way I do, do a little searching or something because I've typed it out atleast twice in the past few days. Better yet, HERE (BTW, in this hyperlinked thread, go back to the first page and look at post #8, and look at how many speaker brands I mention //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I count 7, but I was low on time and couldn't get links or exact model numbers at the time)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.