Want 2k+ mono amp asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggz45

I want something solid like DD, DC, AQ2200, running 2000-2400w rms @ 1 ohm.

Trying to keep within $300 but will be willing to spend up to $350.. possibly a little more depending on what you have.

Links to listings are helpful too

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of good choices for some nice amps. If you can get a good deal then go for it. But always remember buying used is still a risk at least new has a warranty. So if anything happens your good
Yeah, I'm just gonna sort through my options and (hopefully) just go with one

Thanks for the input //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Lots of guys who haven't responded yet.. Those who did want a little much. Due to the price, warranty, and efficiency I'm going to try the vfl 4480 - $300 shipped new. Will be able to afford more in a year after I get a full time job anyway.

Yeah I know but I don't think they're as efficient or well built.. want to be able to beat on it without a problem on an electrical that isn't up to par at the moment and have it last
BRZ2400 will do just as well as anything else under $350. It's almost identical to the AQ/SQ2200 and the VFL120.1

Yeah, I have done big 3 and all 0 gauge ofc. The problem you run into is running for periods of time. A 220 amp alt is rated at its max so assume it puts out an average 200 and the car running takes 40 and if I run 2000w at a best 80% efficiency at 1 ohm that's about 180 amps to run, and the battery discharges, voltage drops, and like you said the amp makes up for voltage with current and current=heat, though this is pretty close in power and won't equate to much. Plus another amp causes more draw and increases the issue.. just sayin
My alt is rated for 240a and puts out 250a at 1800rpm (bench tested by both mechman and my local alternator shop)

You will NOT be drawing 180 amps from running 2000w. That would be assuming that there was no box rise and you were playing sine waves... which you're not. Music will draw much less current. For comparison, with my HFi2500d (somebody bench tested it at 2200w and not as efficient as other class D amps, I think it was drawing 270a on a sine wave) and a class AB amp for my mids/highs doesn't drop my voltage noticably even at full tilt. I think the most voltage drop I've seen was to 13.7v from 14.5v on music... And that was with a decent amount of clipping

My alt is rated for 240a and puts out 250a at 1800rpm (bench tested by both mechman and my local alternator shop)
You will NOT be drawing 180 amps from running 2000w. That would be assuming that there was no box rise and you were playing sine waves... which you're not. Music will draw much less current. For comparison, with my HFi2500d (somebody bench tested it at 2200w and not as efficient as other class D amps, I think it was drawing 270a on a sine wave) and a class AB amp for my mids/highs doesn't drop my voltage noticably even at full tilt. I think the most voltage drop I've seen was to 13.7v from 14.5v on music... And that was with a decent amount of clipping
I realize this, I'm just throwing out assumptions for mathematical purposes. Most of my posts have been from my phone while working, so I've not been very thorough.

I'm also running 2 2000w+ amps, have had well under 13 volts.

Lots of guys who haven't responded yet.. Those who did want a little much. Due to the price, warranty, and efficiency I'm going to try the vfl 4480 - $300 shipped new. Will be able to afford more in a year after I get a full time job anyway.
this amp for 300 new ,is not covered under a american bass warranty .3 kings and car stere giant are not authorized by american bass to sell online, so no warranty

good choice and good price.

like mylows said warranty wont be there but as long as your not dumb lol then im sure you will be okay anyways

I haven't seen any clamped results. But I hear yes. The 4480 is more power. More efficient and less money tho
on carstereogiant, the 4000MD is $220, and the 4480 is $299. Can you make a better deal than that?

on carstereogiant, the 4000MD is $220, and the 4480 is $299. Can you make a better deal than that?
No I will not. I'm am authorized dealer and can offer the Erica's bass warranty. They are not authorized to sell online period. So you only have a I house warranty with not from American bass

No I will not. I'm am authorized dealer and can offer the Erica's bass warranty. They are not authorized to sell online period. So you only have a I house warranty with not from American bass
How could you do on a pair of them? Thinking about pulling my other amp an getting 2 2k+@1 amps or some 3500 that's .5 ohm stable. I'd rather not spend over 600 unless I get a great deal.

How could you do on a pair of them? Thinking about pulling my other amp an getting 2 2k+@1 amps or some 3500 that's .5 ohm stable. I'd rather not spend over 600 unless I get a great deal.
What I did was split the signal with a y splitter then line matched each amp. And one amp per sub You can also use an eq to boost the signal then split it to each amp. So you have 4 volts going to each amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...