Want 2k+ mono amp asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggz45

I want something solid like DD, DC, AQ2200, running 2000-2400w rms @ 1 ohm.

Trying to keep within $300 but will be willing to spend up to $350.. possibly a little more depending on what you have.

Links to listings are helpful too

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
If your electrical is sub par you'll wipe out a high quality amp just as quickly as you'll wipe out a cheap one. You'll also cook voice coils in the process.
You can't build a quality home on a foundation of mud...
As an electrical engineer I realize this. I only have a 220 amp alt and 1 extra battery. However, you can't tell me that at a voltage drop a cheap amp holds up like top brand.

If you have a 220 amp alternator and one extra battery, I can't help but assume you're running at least 2 gauge wiring and have done a big 3 upgrade. And if so, you're hardly working with sub par electrical for a 2000 watt system. Especially considering that if you did indeed go to that much effort, you've probably also got zero gauge in the system.

But yeah, a high quality amp that's designed to work on 14.4 to 16 volts isn't going to like 10.5 volt drops under a load at all, because the power supply will actually be capable of trying to make up for it in current, while a lower quality amp will tolerate the low voltage and just either go into protect or clip like hell.

But from what you've said, you'll not have any 10.5 volt drops with that electrical and only 2000 watts.

Okay completely messed up this comment. Just saw American bass and thought of the ph4000md lol.. my bad
Yea the ph amps are basically a rebadged massive. Question is , who's coping who which one was out first

If you have a 220 amp alternator and one extra battery, I can't help but assume you're running at least 2 gauge wiring and have done a big 3 upgrade. And if so, you're hardly working with sub par electrical for a 2000 watt system. Especially considering that if you did indeed go to that much effort, you've probably also got zero gauge in the system.
But yeah, a high quality amp that's designed to work on 14.4 to 16 volts isn't going to like 10.5 volt drops under a load at all, because the power supply will actually be capable of trying to make up for it in current, while a lower quality amp will tolerate the low voltage and just either go into protect or clip like hell.

But from what you've said, you'll not have any 10.5 volt drops with that electrical and only 2000 watts.
Yeah, I have done big 3 and all 0 gauge ofc. The problem you run into is running for periods of time. A 220 amp alt is rated at its max so assume it puts out an average 200 and the car running takes 40 and if I run 2000w at a best 80% efficiency at 1 ohm that's about 180 amps to run, and the battery discharges, voltage drops, and like you said the amp makes up for voltage with current and current=heat, though this is pretty close in power and won't equate to much. Plus another amp causes more draw and increases the issue.. just sayin

As an electrical engineer I realize this. I only have a 220 amp alt and 1 extra battery. However, you can't tell me that at a voltage drop a cheap amp holds up like top brand.
lol sub par my as* dude i run anywhere between 2000-2500 RMS (dont know EXACT number) but my t2000 is CRANKED at the gains..

all i have is a optima under the hood and optima in the back and have maybe 110-120 amp alt? my voltages typically stay at 14 every now and then depending on song length of play and what not my voltages can drop to low 13s high 12s not ideal but safe enough for me (for now)

dont even have big 3...im a lazy bum lol

with that being said MINE is subpar

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Yea the ph amps are basically a rebadged massive. Question is , who's coping who which one was out first
all that really matters after you say "they are the same" i dont care whos copying i care whos cheaper lol

Maybe partnered up to reduce costs or both have a deal with Koreans idk lol.

So I could get a dc 2k lnib $300, aq2200 used $275, dd m2b new $430, or ab 4480 new. What would you do?

lol sub par my as* dude i run anywhere between 2000-2500 RMS (dont know EXACT number) but my t2000 is CRANKED at the gains..
all i have is a optima under the hood and optima in the back and have maybe 110-120 amp alt? my voltages typically stay at 14 every now and then depending on song length of play and what not my voltages can drop to low 13s high 12s not ideal but safe enough for me (for now)

dont even have big 3...im a lazy bum lol

with that being said MINE is subpar

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

all that really matters after you say "they are the same" i dont care whos copying i care whos cheaper lol
Lol yeah I'm on my phone during work so I'm not very clear/detailed I have another amp tho and not great batts

Maybe partnered up to reduce costs or both have a deal with Koreans idk lol.So I could get a dc 2k lnib $300, aq2200 used $275, dd m2b new $430, or ab 4480 new. What would you do?
The dd , dc , Aq those would be my choices in that order

Maybe partnered up to reduce costs or both have a deal with Koreans idk lol.So I could get a dc 2k lnib $300, aq2200 used $275, dd m2b new $430, or ab 4480 new. What would you do?
You can't go wrong with any of them. But from personally having ran DD, they do put out more than rated.

Also can get sundown 2000 used $375. I'd agree with the order but that's also the price order lol
Lol well **** man there all good choices .. If your on a budget get the best deal u can then .. If its one of the above you can't really go wrong

I want something solid like DD, DC, AQ2200, running 2000-2400w rms @ 1 ohm.Trying to keep within $300 but will be willing to spend up to $350.. possibly a little more depending on what you have.

Links to listings are helpful too

Thanks!
there was a Sundown Saz2000 in the classifieds, id check to see if that was still there. its rated @ 12.6v i believe so it will make you some power

This has honestly been the most difficult time I've had when it comes to buying something and Idk why, I just keep flip floppin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

This has honestly been the most difficult time I've had when it comes to buying something and Idk why, I just keep flip floppin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif
Lots of good choices for some nice amps. If you can get a good deal then go for it. But always remember buying used is still a risk at least new has a warranty. So if anything happens your good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...