Wanna try something

im not talking bad about memphis but when the general population of where you live thinks its the best audio equipment in the world because theyve never heard of audioque, fi, re, dd, dc, audiopulse, or anything considered to be high end by the rest of the world, it starts to piss me off.

but so do a lot of non mainstream brands. i mean this kid is trying to prove that memphis is good equipment but then he doesnt want to spend a grand to break 150. as far as im concerned hes not going to even come close to 150 with $1000 worth of memphis gear. but if he gave up on the whole brand ***** thing he could be a lot louder with a lot less money

aggreed but you can get loud w his gear with some tweeking

electrical/enclosure/overall install etc...

and the new c3" and cm3 are nasty

p.s. deff not 150+ but mid to high 40's np

he would be lucky to hit 135 with what he has he hgas enough amp power but a 1000 watt sub like a T3 re ect would be alot better choice to do it. those pr subs are not gonna get anywhere near a 140 even without doing a trick install in something like a 6th order.

aggreed but you can get loud w his gear with some tweeking electrical/enclosure/overall install etc...

and the new c3" and cm3 are nasty

p.s. deff not 150+ but mid to high 40's np
I've done a 150.6 legal on the TL with a pair of Memphis CM12 D2's in an SUV so they can do it....that was a drop in test too, not optimized for them.

O.P. you can get louder with what you've got for equipment. A cheap pair of 12's can break a 145 legal on the TL... IF your box is right for the car. A larger box will give you higher efficiency and usually higher output for a given amount of power, but WinISD cannot accurately predict SPL levels inside a vehicle, trust me, I've tested it. I personally like using cheap subs to compete because it shows that the box is more important (to a point) than the subs, and its fun to crush people that spent 3 times what you did //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

There is some good advice offered among the flaming here...you should upgrade your wiring to 1/0 and do the big 3. It will help somewhat, in a similar way to how a box helps your subs: it allows your equipment to work to full potential.

You'll get better advice if you can describe in detail or show us you current box.

If 150 is actually your goal then you'll need to upgrade your amp, subs and optimize your box.

Offered him my Juggernaut 15" or my Mach5/PSI 15" as well as box help and he replied with:

I aint got that kinda money right now dude. sorry. If i did change subs, id go with prolly FI or a sundown nightshade. It's just the fact that ppl talk **** bout the pr's n for $77 a piece i wanna prove they arent that bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.