Wall in a Genesis Coupe : Couple question

i havent heard of externally regulated. where is a good place to get mine rewound? or get one wound for my car
I wouldnt trust a rewound alt on that kinda power at all ...check with every alt maker and see if they have one or can make one work for u ..mostt ppl who rewind alts can only get 200a and like 100a at idle which is crap and without a smaller pulley it wont do max power til lime 2500rpms

Well externally regulated helps with these new cars that have pcm controlled alts like when my car is in econ mode it shuts down 3 cylinders and cuts voltage from 14.6 to 12.9 thats bad so i had to bylass it by externally regulating it

tried emailing like 3 alt makers and 1 of them their emil wasnt setup, 1 has been a week with no response and i think it was mechman replied but said they dont have any for my car and wont start production for them for a while (till its a more popular car)

I think dc was the other place i emailed.

tried emailing like 3 alt makers and 1 of them their emil wasnt setup, 1 has been a week with no response and i think it was mechman replied but said they dont have any for my car and wont start production for them for a while (till its a more popular car)
I think dc was the other place i emailed.
Did u try singer,ohio gen, no one makes a alt for a g37 that will fit?

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

If u cant get a true 300+ alt ur gona run into problems

Did u try singer,ohio gen, no one makes a alt for a g37 that will fit? 

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

If u cant get a true 300+ alt ur gona run into problems
I have a genesis coupe not g37 :S or are you saying g37 and genny are swappable? I didnt try singer but ohio gens was the one i believe that their contact email replied back saying the email didnt exist.

I have a genesis coupe not g37 :S or are you saying g37 and genny are swappable? I didnt try singer but ohio gens was the one i believe that their contact email replied back saying the email didnt exist.
They have the same motor and trans as a g37 right? Should at least have same mounting points for the alt and if u do a ext regulated alt u dont gota worry about the plug matching .they all have a generic 2 wire plug...id do slme research on the alt and if its the same or at least bolts up the same

They have the same motor and trans as a g37 right? Should at least have same mounting points for the alt and if u do a ext regulated alt u dont gota worry about the plug matching .they all have a generic 2 wire plug...id do slme research on the alt and if its the same or at least bolts up the same
youre the man! im bout to crash, working 14hour shifts 7 days a week for the next 2 weeks in Iowa //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

they share nothing with a g37 other then they are both coupes.

OP see if you can find somewhere that will rebuild a stock alt. then pick up a stock alt and ship it to them.

OP see if you can find somewhere that will rebuild a stock alt. then pick up a stock alt and ship it to them.
Oh he said they were the same chassis in another thread i was just going off that ..and a rewound alt is not gona support 12k hes gona need a big ho alt and fab a bracket more than likely

Idk what i was reading i know those cars are the same as the optima duhh ..op see if anyone makes a alt for a optima with the same engine u have

Idk what i was reading i know those cars are the same as the optima duhh ..op see if anyone makes a alt for a optima with the same engine u have
also not the same as the optima

the genesis coupe 3.8 only shares its engine with the 3.8 genesis sedan. the 2.0l coupe shares its motor with no other vehicle.

also not the same as the optima
the genesis coupe 3.8 only shares its engine with the 3.8 genesis sedan. the 2.0l coupe shares its motor with no other vehicle.
U sure about that?Im pretty sure it does my buddy has a turbo optima and hes bought genesis parts

anywho a rewound alt isnt gona work for him

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.