vote on classifieds situation

How should this be handled?

• Total voters
I think it was a douche move for seller to hold his money hostage if he didnt pay all return shipping but if Op did agree to pay it, he has too:crap:

why doesn't the seller see about taking care of the warranty and work something out with the buyer? like buyer sends it back seller checks to see if he can get it warrantied then if he can after he gets a replacement he ships it to the buyer?? Its not the buyers fault it died before it was sent.

if you were coerced into agreeing to pay return shipping to receive your money back on a falsely advertised item then the verbal contract you entered into is not valid. It is the law, if you are coerced or feel like you were pushed into agreeing to something the contract whether written or verbal is no longer or was it ever valid. all of these idiots talking about since you said it you gotta do it are ignorant. let them be in the same position and i bet not 1 of them would feel the same way. if the seller wants his battery back he is responsible for any costs needed to do so. if you buy a faulty product from a local company do they charge you for their mistake of selling a bad product?? NO and neither can the piece of **** seller in this case.

regardless, i said i would follow the forum's decision, and the forum has decided. i'll ship it out tomorrow, i work second shift and dont have the time before work today.

get yourself 2 of those stinger spv70s in the classifieds, probably be about 250 shipped.
i think i've learned my lesson about buying "like new" batteries //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

if you were coerced into agreeing to pay return shipping to receive your money back on a falsely advertised item then the verbal contract you entered into is not valid. It is the law, if you are coerced or feel like you were pushed into agreeing to something the contract whether written or verbal is no longer or was it ever valid. all of these idiots talking about since you said it you gotta do it are ignorant. let them be in the same position and i bet not 1 of them would feel the same way. if the seller wants his battery back he is responsible for any costs needed to do so. if you buy a faulty product from a local company do they charge you for their mistake of selling a bad product?? NO and neither can the piece of **** seller in this case.
lol u still have to pay shipping back to that person/business NO MATTER WHAT. They can be nice about it and pay for u but, if u dont ship it back u dont get ur money back period. U think PP will say the seller will pay the shipping back.... NO!!!! been there done that.

i think i've learned my lesson about buying "like new" batteries //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

when i purchased use batteries i always ask to see the resting voltage.

Hell, I bought a NEW battery from **** ****** (kinetik hc16v) and it took a **** on me. I was to send it back to him then pay shipping back to the company and back to me. I said fuk kinetik and **** *******. I just might post something about my transaction with him too

thats a risk you take when buying something used, plus iirc if you bought it from an actual store online (woofersetc.com, onlinecarstero.com etc etc) you'd have to pay shipping if you recieved a defective piece of equipment.

the resting voltage can't show the condition of the battery. i got this one to show 13.1 after a full charge, but still only put out 828 cca.

I think it was a douche move for seller to hold his money hostage if he didnt pay all return shipping but if Op did agree to pay it, he has too:crap:
My thoughts exactly. It's disappointing to see all the people here that think it's okay to lie just to get what they want, although it does help me decide who I'd buy from and who to stay away from. Try to get the seller to join this thread. I think the vast majority think he should have paid shipping if he wanted the battery returned. He seems to be trying to do the right thing, but just isn't understanding that the buyer shouldn't be out any money on a misrepresented item.

My thoughts exactly. It's disappointing to see all the people here that think it's okay to lie just to get what they want, although it does help me decide who I'd buy from and who to stay away from. Try to get the seller to join this thread. I think the vast majority think he should have paid shipping if he wanted the battery returned. He seems to be trying to do the right thing, but just isn't understanding that the buyer shouldn't be out any money on a misrepresented item.
lying to prevent myself from being screwed out of 300 dollars is kind of extenuating circumstances IMO. and i didnt tell him that with no intention of sending the battery back, i intended to make this thread when i told him that and let the forum decide what the right thing to do was.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Lil Poot

5,000+ posts
you sturrin at me brah?
Lil Poot
Wichita KS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies