vote on classifieds situation

How should this be handled?

• Total voters
Like everyone else said you should have never agreed to pay to ship it back. Going the PayPal route would be useless. In all my experiences with PayPal outside of Ebay on site's that aren't covered by Buyer Protection they normally won't rule in your favor unless they aren't supplied with a valid tracking number or you received the wrong item. Other then that they normally won't do anything for a item not as described claim without it being under the buyer protection. What I would do is tell him the batteries bad and it can't be fixed and you just take it to have it disposed of and keep the cash. That way he doesn't have to send you any extra money and you can call this transaction a wash.

well, again, to the folks saying i should never have agreed to ship it at my cost, in theory, you're right. however, if i hadnt, i'd be sitting here holding a **** battery, out 300 dollars, and i have serious doubts about paypal having handled it.

if i hold out on him now, he'll most likely file a claim that i never shipped it, in which case i'll file my own claim, **** will get dragged out, ugly, if i'm lucky, i'll get my money back after a month and still have to ship him this piece of ****.

if i settle with him another way, like buying another battery, i wont have proof of having shipped him anything, and if he really wants to be a douchebag, he can still file a claim and i'd be fucked.

i'm just going to ship this garbage back to him so he can possibly pawn it off on some other poor sap i guess.

as a seller it is his responsibality to make shure he is shipping a good, working product. so as a seller if you send out a faulty item(that is sold as good) it should be on you(the seller) to make it rite, i mean i payed to have a good item shiped so i shouldnt have to pay to ship it back.

in this case though you agreed to pay return shipping but on any future deals it should be the other way around.

-vic

After a long look at the way things are done now, the whole classified section does no one any good. Look at it like this, you keep buying from classifieds, you don't buy from dealers, dealers don't buy from manufactures, companies go out of bussiness, stores go out of bussiness, we no longer have a true playing field. I understand it more expensive to buy from a dealer, but if you have a problem with an item, a dealer will at least back you up. Just my thoughts.

Unfortunatley you agreed to shipping it back just to get your money back. If you don't live up to your obligation you are just as at fault as he is. You say it was a mistake and that he probably didnt' know it was junk. That being said you gotta eat the shipping and never deal with him again.

Sorry but its the right thing to do.

i'm well aware i agreed to that... he said i wouldnt get any money back if i didnt.
pretty shitty on the sellers part, should pay half the shipping for sending you a bad battery.

Oh And Post His Name So We Dont Deal With Him
x2 at least pm me his name so i know not to deal with the jerkoff

And im sure most will agree that a respnsible selelr would eat the shipping cost if they sent you something bad and never tested it. If say i sold a sub and buyer tested it and had a bad VC, i would feel obligated to give a full refund. maybe thats just me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Lil Poot

5,000+ posts
you sturrin at me brah?
Lil Poot
Wichita KS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies