Voltmeter

I currently have it connected there, but when my hu volume is loud and the bass is hits hard/loud, the bass stops, the voltmeter doesn't display a big drop on voltage, and the bass resumes when I lower the volume on the hu, I'm guessing it's low voltage at the bass amp not in front battery. That's why I'm asking this question.
seriously though before i mounted anywhere else i'd test everything with dmm... (and sorry bout the thread jack)

do you have a dmm? ( if not 5.00 ebay ) check voltage at amp... that would be the only way to know for sure... go to empty parking lot turn it up and start testing...
I was planning on doing that test this weekend.

So your saying that, if the voltmeter is connected to the cigarette lighter or connected to the bass amps positive, it should measure the same voltage?

So you know the exact voltage that the amp is getting... I would assume voltage in a system isn't 100% the same everywhere in said system.
I am going to test it that way also to see which one I choose. But I have a question,

- When we're taking about dangerous voltage drops in a car, Where should that voltage be measured? At the bass amp or at the front battery?

I am going to test it that way also to see which one I choose. But I have a question,
- When we're taking about dangerous voltage drops in a car, Where should that voltage be measured? At the bass amp or at the front battery?
you don't want under high 13's, 12's is danger range if car is running,

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

measured anywhere in ride....

Yes its a system that for reasons I do not know works that way but it does, anywhere in the system minus where voltage is stepped up/down and/or regulated in some fashion should read the same voltage and drops

When we're taking about dangerous voltage drops in a car, Where should that voltage be measured?

At the*bass*amp?*or At the front battery?

If all you care about is the pretty lights, hook it up at the battery. However, if you actually want to monitor the voltage at your subwoofer amplifier, then hook it up to the subwoofer amplifier.

The purpose of having a volt meter in a car audio system is to warn you when voltage gets dangerously low at the amplifier(s).

If your engine's temperature gauge was jumping up to 250 degrees would you move the sensor to somewhere that wasn't that hot or would you address the problem and not burn your engine up? I would hope the latter and, if you have a volt meter connected to the amp and it's dipping below 11 volts... YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. ;-)

That's the reason we use volt meters in car audio... to make sure we don't fry our amps.

Blue led segments are pretty and all and yes, they do impress the girls. But... if you're having to install light shows in order to get girls, you won't find one worth keeping. :p

If all you care about is the pretty lights, hook it up at the battery. However, if you actually want to monitor the voltage at your subwoofer amplifier, then hook it up to the subwoofer amplifier.
The purpose of having a volt meter in a car audio system is to warn you when voltage gets dangerously low at the amplifier(s).

If your engine's temperature gauge was jumping up to 250 degrees would you move the sensor to somewhere that wasn't that hot or would you address the problem and not burn your engine up? I would hope the latter and, if you have a volt meter connected to the amp and it's dipping below 11 volts... YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. ;-)

That's the reason we use volt meters in car audio... to make sure we don't fry our amps.

Blue led segments are pretty and all and yes, they do impress the girls. But... if you're having to install light shows in order to get girls, you won't find one worth keeping. :p
Very funny, but my voltmeter is not to attract girls, my system is for my pleasure, I don't care of no one else opinion inside my car. I'm asking because I want to connect it right and monitor the right voltage of my car's electrical system.

Very funny, but my voltmeter is not to attract girls, my system is for my pleasure, I don't care of no one else opinion inside my car. I'm asking because I want to connect it right and monitor the right voltage of my car's electrical system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

argenis69

10+ year member
SQ Bass Lover
argenis69
NY, USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date