Voltmeter

Very funny, but my voltmeter is not to attract girls, my system is for my pleasure, I don't care of no one else opinion inside my car. I'm asking because I want to connect it right and monitor the right voltage of my car's electrical system.
I understand. And that's why the only sentence in my post that was meant to be humorous is the last one.

Connect the meter at the amp because that's where voltage drops will hurt your system's performance the most. And then, if you see voltage drops... address the problem rather than re-wiring the meter to somewhere else.

I understand. And that's why the only sentence in my post that was meant to be humorous is the last one.
Connect the meter at the amp because that's where voltage drops will hurt your system's performance the most. And then, if you see voltage drops... address the problem rather than re-wiring the meter to somewhere else.
Ok, Thank you.

I did the test. I measure the voltage with the DMM at the bass amp while playing music at loud volume. Now I think I know why the bass is stopping and when I lower the hu volume the bass resumes, the DMM was reading low 9v , I also noticed that only the bass stops hitting and the amp is still on but the protect light is not on. I also haven't connected my new xs battery in the trunk yet, might do it tomorrow. But the question is:

1- Is this normal?

2- Is that voltage causing the bass to stop hitting? If yes, what can I do to fix this besides connecting the battery in the trunk?

I did the test. I measure the voltage with the DMM at the bass amp while playing music at loud volume. Now I think I know why the bass is stopping and when I lower the hu volume the bass resumes, the DMM was reading low 9v , I also noticed that only the bass stops hitting and the amp is still on but the protect light is not on. I also haven't connected my new xs battery in the trunk yet, might do it tomorrow. But the question is:
1- Is this normal?

2- Is that voltage causing the bass to stop hitting? If yes, what can I do to fix this besides connecting the battery in the trunk?
i have had that but usually when it happened the protect light flashed on then back off... nothing you can do other than up grade elec. batt. and so forth... less power, 4Ω it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

argenis69

10+ year member
SQ Bass Lover
argenis69
NY, USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date