Volt Meter

Participant count
  • Participant list

KTMrida4life
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Want to put in a volt meter at the same time I do my massive sub stage upgrade as Im afraid of having too much voltage drop and frying my "new" amp.

I searched on ebay and found this.

RED DIGITAL LED 12V CAR AUDIO VOLTMETER VOLTAGE GAUGE | eBay

Does that work as well as one that is inline to the amp power wire? Just wanted to hear if anyone here had used one before like that. Sure would be easier as I dont have anywhere to mount a volt meter, nor do I want to modify my car mounting it..

Yes and no. It will monitor the voltage of the system however you would have more accurate results with a voltmeter that's connected as close to the amplifier as possible so you can monitor the voltage at the amplifier which is what you're concerned with anyway (there will be some drop between the front battery and your actual amplifier). This would still work for monitoring how much system voltage drop you experience though so if you don't want to have to deal with mounting any gauges or anything this is an acceptable option.

Yes and no. It will monitor the voltage of the system however you would have more accurate results with a voltmeter that's connected as close to the amplifier as possible so you can monitor the voltage at the amplifier which is what you're concerned with anyway (there will be some drop between the front battery and your actual amplifier). This would still work for monitoring how much system voltage drop you experience though so if you don't want to have to deal with mounting any gauges or anything this is an acceptable option.
^^^ this... thats y mine is place into amp with hot and ground terminals

Yeah thats about what I figured, it would work but not be as accurate as one connected to amp.

Btw that xscorpion volt meter looks huge..... I wouldnt say that is small at all. LOL

If I do get a volt meter, I need one that is tiny... tiny tiny

just buy a stinger volt meter and about 20ft of 18awg wire and splice into the neg and turn on wires behind HU and run the power wire under ur carpet and insert into the amps 12v input. Boom nice and neat and u now know what ur amp is seeing and thats all that matters. Plus you will have the meter on ur dash so you can monitor the voltage from your drivers seat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.