voicecoil wiring options

I Have Two Dual Four Boss Chaos Sec 15 Power By Autotek Sm1 1500 A/b Clas Amp How Should I Wire This Amp To Get All Its Power.and The Settings On Amp.im Running Them In A Ported Box

This image shows the DVC driver with both voice coils wired in parallel. This presents a 2 ohm mono load to the amplifier which may damage most amplifiers.

the above statement has me a little leary and my knowledge of electrical connections is dangerous at best.. basically I want to run a single Sundown SA 12 dvc 4ohm (http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/sa-series-12.html ) with a Sundown 1500 D at 2 ohms will this be a stable running setup?

http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/amplifiers/saz-1500d.html

Thanks for your help. I'm a noob and this is also my first post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I read through most of this post and i'm not sure if i have it right but it's easier for me to understand if i have a step by step walkthrough lol.

I have 2 http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_206812L72/Kicker-Solo-Baric-L7-Series-08S12L72.html?search=l7&ssi=0 in a dual ported box and 2 http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_206810L72/Kicker-Solo-Baric-L7-Series-08S10L72.html?search=l7&ssi=0 in 2 single ported boxes with 2 http://www.soundstormlab.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=111&nav=0,4 . 1 for the 12's and 1 for the 10's.

How should i wire them for max power? and should i stick to ported boxes or go with sealed?

If you don't want to download the pdf for the 2 amps their specs are:

max power into 1 ohm: 2500w x 1

rms power into 4 ohms: 900w x 1

rms power into 2 ohm: 1600w x 1

max power into 2 ohm: 2200w x 1

min speaker impedance 1 ohm

car DVD player online store

AUDI A4 Navigation system Car DVD Player+7 Inch Digital touchscreen+Dual Zone+Built in GPS DVB-T

High Quality:Made by a very famous manufacturer in China, extended warranty:2 years!

7 Inch TFT high-definition Digital LCD Screen, 800*480 resolutions!(2,650,000 color), support 4:3,16:9 and full screen display!

Specially Designed for AUDI A4. No gap with original dashboard after installation.

Convulsed timbre and enjoy all your journey

iPOD Ready,Steering wheel control,CDC port,TF Card slot for GPS and music files(support up to 16GB TF Card!).

Completely Dual Zone Playback, you can run the gps application while listening to Radio/CD/DVD/music in TF Card/USB device

Built-in Digital TV(Only with European Standard is available) is also optional,and it need 220usd to add this function.Please contact us if you are interested in DVB-T function. Bluetooth function have be included

Car DVD GPS Player can play MP4/ DivX/ XviD/ DVD/ CD /VCD / CD/ CD-R/ CD-RW / MP3 with GPS TV FM RDS DVB-T Bluetooth SD Card Amplifier can show the best route to your destination can help you save a lot of time ,especail when you in strange city

Chrysler 300C Car DVD Player with GPS Navigation System 3D Screen Steering wheel control

Product Description:

Touch screen 5.0 Inch 2-DIN TFT LCD Monitor with DVD Player/TV/4*45 amplifier/AM/FM/GPS Built-in/CDC/USB/SD Card

3D menu Operation

ipod ready

Steering wheel control

DVD/VCD/MP3/MP4/DIVX/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-RW Formats

Dimmer function for night driving

DVD/VCD/CD changer control interface

Multi-channel auto EQ

Auto reverse function when parking

Car clock function

AUX input

Bluetooth build-in

Warranty:One year

Quick question, wiring 2 4ohm subs to 1 ohm. My previous setup had both subs in the same box, but for reason of having a truck instead of a car my subs will be in seperate boxes so i'm curious on this, does it matter if the +'s and -'s on each sub are connected before they reach the amp terminal when wiring to 1 ohm or can they simply be connected to the same terminal on the amp through seperate wires?

I have a small problem,

I have a new dual sealed box with two JL Ausio 10W6v2-D4 subs.

I will be powering them with an Alpine Pdx-1.1000. PDX-1.1000 Info on Crutchfield

How do I wire the subs,

Do I wire both with the 2ohm config like this and hook them up to the two out puts on the amp,

1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

Or do I wire both like this and connect them to the outputs on the amp!!

1_4ohmDVC_8ohm.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.