Viper V5701 problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

emmd2001

Hi all -

I have an after-market V5701 installed on my vehicle. Until recently, it has been working fine.

Now I am having some issues. Hopefully someone on here can help me out!

1. After issuing a command, and getting confirmation on the remote, the remote gives a series of 2 low-pitched beeps and flashes the red light. This continues until I press another key.

2. After hitting any command, I now get a repeat chime (like I'm pressing the key again) before receiving the confirmation chirp for the respective command

3. I can't get the rear defrost to come on - I just get an error tone now

4. After unlocking the car, the car gives the standard 2 chirps, then pauses, then gives an additional single chirp.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

System has been installed for ~ 1 1/2 years and was fine until 1 week ago.

Not sure if somehow setting got changed by pocket-pushes on the remote (and if so how to fix them!) or something else...

lmao to the faulty brain/bad install comment. change your batteries in your remote. all of these beep notifications are telling you the batteries are low //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

btw the 2 way remote takes 2x 2016, the 1 way takes 1x 2032

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.