Viper 791xv won't disarm

Participant count
  • Participant list

xpl0it
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
everywhere
I lost my remote to my alarm a couple years ago and just let the alarm sit in the car. Well, my car battery died the other day and it must've reset the alarm because now it's armed and I can't start my car. I put the keys in the "on" position and pressed the valet button 1-5 times within 15 seconds like the manual says to manually shut off the alarm but I didn't have any luck. I think the alarm needs to be programmed or something. Does anybody know how to disable a 791xv alarm after the battery has died? Oh, I did get my car jumped so the battery is alive now, the blue LED blinks to the alarm.

Key on, key off, key on, valet button once, hold for a second and release. After that, ign on, ign off, press the valet button for a second and release. The first part will disarm your alarm, the second half will now put the alarm into valet mode so this doesn't happen again.

Key on, key off, key on, valet button once, hold for a second and release. After that, ign on, ign off, press the valet button for a second and release. The first part will disarm your alarm, the second half will now put the alarm into valet mode so this doesn't happen again.
do as he was talking about. i have a viper 7900 and there was some issues with the 2wy pager . it would say outta range , i talked to viper and they said some of the remote would try and send a arm/disarm signal at the same time and it wouldn't turn the alarm off. so it could be a remote issue . but not sure tho u may just need to reprogram your remote into the alarm it should be easy if you have the install manual they break it down easy .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.