Can you do this? If so, how?

Participant count
  • Participant list

NissanKicker
10+ year member

Honda-on-22-Nissan-on-20
I have a Pioneer AVIC-D3... I think my RCA Jacks went out for my subs... ( I pray it's not my RCA inputs in my MA Audio hk401sx - hope not ).

But I was wondering if you could have an AFTERMARKET CD PLAYER ( My screen ) & have an L.O.C Adaptor installed at the same time???? ( The Speaker wire to RCA Output convertor box ) If so, how would you go about doin' that? ( I HONESTLY THINK THAT IT'S NEVER BEEN DONE )

Would you connect the adaptor to the wires BEHIND the CD Player??? Or would you connect the adaptor the way you would if you still had a factory headunit???

Thanks for reading & thanks for the help in advance!

of course you can. its just takes speaker levels and makes them rca connections. have you tried to use you front and rear outputs to seeifthey work on the sub?

I did that before I got locked up.... That was 2 years ago! The beat was playin' for about 1 min then it stopped. I know it's not the subs b/c I have a little bump sound when I cut off my car from the subs... So they are fine. I'm hopin' it's just the RCAs of the Indash or the cables, and not of my amp.

How can I check to see if it's the RCAs of my amp???

Run the sub rca's to your mid/high amp and see if any sound comes out. That will point to either the rca's or the input on the amp as you have mentioned before. Good luck.

although i got a avic x 920bt to try out for a bit and from the pioneer rep as a loaner and it was pretty BA. the pandora was the best part. the eco drive was cool too.

just to add my .02 i also bought a Kenwood Kiv-bt900 and it is AWESOME! best deck i have ever owned.

dont get me wrong alpine is good. bot not what it once was so i tried something different for a while.

although i got a avic x 920bt to try out for a bit and from the pioneer rep as a loaner and it was pretty BA. the pandora was the best part. the eco drive was cool too.
just to add my .02 i also bought a Kenwood Kiv-bt900 and it is AWESOME! best deck i have ever owned.

dont get me wrong alpine is good. bot not what it once was so i tried something different for a while.
I agree, I only buy old school alpine these days. I love my old alpine much more than my new kenwood. get rid of the pioneer.

I agree, I only buy old school alpine these days. I love my old alpine much more than my new kenwood. get rid of the pioneer.
i did i had it for a few weeks and gave it back. my pioneer rep let me use it for a bit to test it out and write some feed back for pioneer as well as help me sell it. only sold 1 so far. no one can afford it really. i was gonna carry it in stock but decided to drop ship it becasue of the price point.

i put my kenwood dnx 9140 back in i missed my garage opener on the deck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

NissanKicker

10+ year member
Honda-on-22-Nissan-on-20
NissanKicker
Ruston/Grambling, LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date