viper 791 and trunk release

saltyreefguy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i am in the process of intalling a viper, with a car that has a trunk release on the drivers side and one in the glove, i did buy a 522t trunk release. can the stock trunk release module/wires be hooked up to the alarm brain, or does it need both items in conjuntion to make it work. cause the stock oem is exact the same setup as the 522t, so why not use it. any input?..

if the alarm has a 2nd/3rd chan output yeah you can hook it to your trunk release. just note the poliarty that it takes to engage the release.. you may need a relay to change it.

its for a 96 lexus es300, i was figuring since there is a trunk release button in the glove, can't the wires from the button, connect to the alarm brain trunk release. just a thought...

The alarm brain's trunk release output is just for a low current drain (relay) device.

If you hook up the wires from the trunk release button directly you might fry the alarm brain.

Go to http://www.the12volt.com and look up the section on relays.

Also their forum on Car Security and Convenience has soom good info.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The alarm brain's trunk release output is just for a low current drain (relay) device.If you hook up the wires from the trunk release button directly you might fry the alarm brain.

Go to http://www.the12volt.com and look up the section on relays.

Also their forum on Car Security and Convenience has soom good info.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
actually i left that out so i can use a relay with it, thanks for the confirm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.