Vintage Hifonics 12" subs

radwilsons5803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Minnesota
Item(s) for Sale: ^^^^^^^

Item(s) Description/Condition: Only ones ive ever seen. The cone surround are in great shape, baskets have some scuffs and the magnets are in good shape as well. Here are some specs that i got from StockA4 on Diyma. These things are beasts for the time and extremely rare from what i hear/know. Sorry for the pics, hopefully i can get some better ones up soon

Made in USA

4" voice coil

Sensitivity-90

Frequency 40-800

Power range 400 watts

List Price $370

1990 CA&E Directory

Price: $300 shipped obo

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information: Included

Item Pictures:

007-21.jpg

008-14.jpg

009-17.jpg

010-13.jpg

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

thoughs were not meant for car audio.. i believe they are pro audio drivers for DJ's i remember them from the 90's

pretty cool pieces of audio history from 22-23 years ago!

^^ he's correct, hifonics did sell pro audio for a couple of years. Hence the 8 ohm rating. Don't know what they're worth to be honest. Maybe some hard core hifonics guy would buy them?

Looks like the car audio HF's from the late 80's, early 90's to me. Only remember two flavors of subs pre '92, 4 ohm & 8 ohm. If I still had my vintage 1800w Collossus.... Nice subs, Good luck with sale.

They are in the 90 CA&E Directory and i've been told they are car audio related. 8 ohm was a rating used on many car subs back in the day, that way you could buy 2 and bridge them to a 2 channel amp. Im pretty sure Big D will chime in, he has the CA&E ad from 90' with these subs in it. Thanks Turbo:thumbcool:

Looks like one or both of these would make a helluva HT sub. Slap a big a$$ plate amp on a big ol' box ported tuned to about 20-25 hertz or so and throw in a Blu Ray....

Id give ya like $75 for them, and even then I wouldn't know what to do with them...lol
Lol, im good, thanks

Looks like one or both of these would make a helluva HT sub. Slap a big a$$ plate amp on a big ol' box ported tuned to about 20-25 hertz or so and throw in a Blu Ray....
Haha, might be something i may try if they dont sell

These are rare collectors items hence the price. Not subs people will use most likely. I wasn't sure what to price em at due to not having anything to base it off, thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.