Video: New box in the Rex. 3x 12" Obsidian D2's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Electrodynamic
10+ year member

Knows nothing
Built this box for demo purposes, not for the meter. Three 12" D2's wired with everything in parallel on the OA-3 prototype with no issues at all so far. Below will be a quick video showing excursion.

We did put it on the meter though and it did a 140 at 26 Hz and in the 148's from 32 to 41 Hz. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif It's way too loud for my tastes but it is really cool to mess around with music on.

Here is the box being put together. It's 6 ft^3 ported to 30 Hz via one 8" aero port.

Raw_box.JPG

And here it is installed in the CRX for the first time.

Box_installed.JPG

Last but not least a quick video showing the throw. I forgot to hold the camera sideways so it shot the video narrow. Oops!

You should stain that box lol, would look great.

Sick setup for sure man. Are you just using the same OA3 that was used for testing and not the actual production run?

so your co-owner of a sub product and 3 12's is too loud for you?? guess you dont have to enjoy it stupid loud to be a part of that
That is correct. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I've always enjoyed other people's super loud setups but for my tastes at/near 150 dB is a bit much in a daily driven vehicle. I love designing subwoofers that are capable of it though!

You should stain that box lol, would look great.

Sick setup for sure man. Are you just using the same OA3 that was used for testing and not the actual production run?
The plan is to stain the box with a black stain. I think it will look really good with a black stain so you can see the wood grain. The material we used is an Oak plywood - as strong and almost as light as Aruco plywood but more expensive.

And yep, this is the prototype OA-3 amplifier. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The plan is to stain the box with a black stain. I think it will look really good with a black stain so you can see the wood grain. The material we used is an Oak plywood - as strong and almost as light as Aruco plywood but more expensive.
And yep, this is the prototype OA-3 amplifier. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I would like to see the difference when the production run shows up. From what I understand they should be a little stronger then that prototype....

Hurry and get 2 OA3s and some 2/4 channel before mid Sep....no real reason just saying...hurry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.