very QUICK question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

soulnomad
10+ year member

i has free bikes.
i was driving with power and ground wires loose in the trunk(i was tripping lol) and they grounded out for about 20 seconds.question is my voltage was very stable before this now :

-with a NEW 220A alternator and 2 NEW g34 yellowtops i can put every electrical component on in the car to its fullest extent with a .1V drop

-with all components running from the pos and neg run that grounded out.it drops from 14.9V to 9.8V on long transients

- i disconnected from my battery and alternator and jumped from my dads car which handle 6000 no dimming and i still drop to 9.8 at his battery...

QUESTION:does it sound like when i grounded out my positive/negative wires it somehow slightly charred them to the point where i have high current demand they cant deliver/maintain correct voltage?

Are you telling me you didn't replace those wires after they ground for 20 seconds?? thats a LONG time... they are probably melted to hell.. and idk how the only thing that makes it drop to 9.8 isn't the first place you would check.. just saying...?

they didnt appear melted but yeah i bought a new alternator and batteries and of the cheapest route i didnt think to check lol now i feel stupid...so that is possible that they are charred/burned then? i checked the continuity without a load and it tested okay but under full tilt it rose to about 8.6 ohms?

possibility.. I guarantee they are melted.. honestly you should have had the alt and batt(s) load tested before wasting money on new ones.. but the wires would have been the first thing I tossed.. 60 bucks to get a new run is better than a fire and wasted money on alts and batts

oh and voltage still drops AT the battery and b/w alt to batt...
Alright so you type in like a thought mode its hard to understand wtf you are saying...

so when you have the system on the voltage drops at the battery?

what is b/w?

All you have to do is isolate the problem... All the stock electronics do not cause it.. hmm ok they are fine.. the added on system causes the drop and it is attached to what just had an issue.. hmmm.. replace the wires go from there.. and whenever you do not have the positive wire in an amp tape the end... if you would have parked and they bumped into contact you could have came out to a fire..

b/w=between. and i was saying yeah with the system on i have drops at the battery and between alternator and battery sorry for the confusion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.