Very quick question PLEASE HELP QUICKLY

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
Just got the ID CX62v2s. There are two sets of terminals on each speaker as if it were DVC. One of them has a (+) and (-) marking on it, the other doesnt have much except places to attach wire. Do I only run to the marked terminals or do I have to do parallel or series wiring? I have never seen mids with the two sets of terminals on them.

If memory serves me correctly those came in a single 2ohm or dual 2ohm ( for 4ohm) version. Are there tinsil leads running to the other set of terminals? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just got the ID CX62v2s. There are two sets of terminals on each speaker as if it were DVC. One of them has a (+) and (-) marking on it, the other doesnt have much except places to attach wire. Do I only run to the marked terminals or do I have to do parallel or series wiring? I have never seen mids with the two sets of terminals on them.
Take a picture or rtfm.

rtfm ? read the farking manual ? Men don't read instructions lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If memory serves me correctly those came in a single 2ohm or dual 2ohm ( for 4ohm) version. Are there tinsil leads running to the other set of terminals? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
no terminals

EDIT: No tinsels. I just ran it to the one with tinsels. I dont understand what the other two are for though

Last edited by a moderator:
So wait, there is only one set of actual terminals on each speaker? What was the question again? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

rtfm ? read the farking manual ? Men don't read instructions lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
They did not come with a manual. I could look it up online i guess, but they are installed and sound wonderful.

Like I said... pictures so we know wtf you're talking about and can help.
I was rushed, sorry for the crappy explanation, but everything has worked out and of course horseman knows what I am talking about and can answer anything ID related.

So wait, there is only one set of actual terminals on each speaker? What was the question again? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
haha there are two sets of terminals on each speaker. One has tinsel leads to the woofer and the other does not. According to horseman, which he is correct, the ones without tensils are for adding the tweeter to the mid for a coaxil setup.

post pics
For what? I should have taken pics of the deadening/tweet/mid install to show how awesome I am, but i didnt so you guys will never know.

the other set of terminals are for if you decide to mount the tweeters coaxil. that way you have something to connect the tweeter too.
Thanks, you always know anything and everything about ID

backangle.jpg

as you can see there are tinsel leads from terminal that is for the mid itself

backangle2.jpg

as you can see there are no tinsel going to mid this is for the tweeter when running coaxil.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.