Very important question need help plz

dj2231
10+ year member

I have 2001 chevy silverado I want to buy these speaker Pioneer ts-d1720c I want to know will these speaker fit my

door because they are 6 3/4 my door fit 6.5 I want to power them with a db drive a4 4100 amp is this a good amp or is it a better amp around that price thank you

What you can do is make or purchase baffles that can mount a 6.75 inch drivers cutout, and secure it to the door. That way, due to the natural curve of a driver, by the time it reaches the 6.5inch cutout, it will clear it. The baffle should work with your doors physics though and not against it. If anything, you can custom fit them any way you like if these drivers are that important to get.

And dB drive amplifiers are decent, but I cannot comment on that particular model. I am particular to mb quart amps myself. Maybe check them out as well. Great SQ amps if hooked up correctly.

I have 2001 chevy silverado I want to buy these speaker Pioneer ts-d1720c I want to know will these speaker fit my door because they are 6 3/4 my door fit 6.5 I want to power them with a db drive a4 4100 amp is this a good amp or is it a better amp around that price thank you
Talk to Disturbed on here. I believe he runs an a4 4100 and loves it! And I also believe he's trying to sell one to upgrade to the bigger a7.

I would make speaker recommendations, but personal preference is very strong in midrange applications, so if those are what you want, stick with them. You can make it work. Worst case scenario, purchase them, test fit them, try to make a baffle if needed and mount it to the doors, and if none of that work for you, you can always return them and get something 6.5". Go with your first pick first, and try to make it work.

But if you have issues or really want to go 6.5, and you love those speakers, try to find something similar on google or amazon. Amazon is great for searching within their products. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.