very angry

Participant count
  • Participant list

wags
10+ year member

Prime Minister of Funk
I ordered a refurbished hifonics z1000d amp off thezeb. However, Even wiring in 2 ohm it goes into protect almost instantaneously after i turn the volume up to under a moderate level. Any ideas or did someone return a bad amp, said it worked fine, they repackaged it and sent it to me?>

I have the gain on a quarter of the way up, everything is wired fine. I have it wired at 2 ohms right now I am going to wait until tommorow to contact them inc ase someone knows whats wrong.

Yes theyre the dvc 4 ohm subs. I have each wired where all the positives are togethor and the negatives on each sub (parallel i think) then i wired both mono onto the amp (total of 1 ohm).

well

here's a doozy for you. I got really mad, went camping last night, got drunk, came back. checked the wiring. DIDNT CHANGE ANYTHING. It works now. WTF.

Anyway Soon to come: My review of the 12.44 ED O's.

Originally posted by wags well

here's a doozy for you. I got really mad, went camping last night, got drunk, came back. checked the wiring. DIDNT CHANGE ANYTHING. It works now. WTF.

the key is to get drunk. because thats when the magic beer fairies come down and fix everything up. LOL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif im just kiddin man, glad ur system works now. ill be waitin for that review btw.

Well im worried about my amp still lol. I'll give thezeb a ring or two and talk to them about my 90 day warranty.

Anyway. I'll get right on that review.

About the magic booze fairies I must have called out the whole squad last night //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sick.gif.b1847c8dabbfeeddbcf1a78052249e10.gif

Because over half my bottle of cheap vodka seemed to have been missing the next day when it started to rain (and we didnt have the rain guard up). lol. I suppose next time i have a really really big problem i'll call in the jacquins fairies rather than the usual molson fairies.

hey, i had problems with thezeb also, they state that all their products are brand new and never opened. well, that's a lie. so you probabaly got a refurbished product. what happen with mines was i had noise on my us acoustics amp so i called us acoustics gave them the serial number and they said that amp was not an amp they sold to thezeb, and it was made in 1999 and it's definitely refurbished. so they told me to send the amp to them and they are going to replace it =) i should be getting my amp soon. but i'm very dissapointed with thezeb.

well everyone cant be perfect. The amp fixed it self but goes into protect randomly so i think i will return it in a day or two after i get the initial "I got bass again" feeling over.

return it now!!!!! so you can bump already!!! the amp goes into protection mode randomly ? or at high volumes? cuzz i had a problem where my amp goes into protection mode at high volumes also

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.