using dmm

Participant count
  • Participant list

chinxtaboi
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
tx
so i want to set my gains properly and im gonna use a dmm. i kno i need to set it to 200 avc (which ive discovered reading other posts). but on my deal, im not too sure what to set it to. and do i have the wires in the correct places?

so where on my dmm do i set it to?

im assuming i set it to where the arrow is pointing on the pic, but not sure. any help appreciated

thanks

dmm2.jpg

I'm pretty sure its the other side. If u set it to the point u have indicated in the picture u'll be measuring for DC voltage. U generally want to set it higher than what ur measuring. So if ur measuring for 200 than maybe set it at the 750 instead. Ac Voltage has the little ~ sign. DC is the - with 3 little dots below it.

set it to AC 200 on the other side.

just remember AC stands for alternating current, meaning going both above and below 0. so if you can imagine, it would look like a wavy line, as seen on the right hand side.

DC being direct current, would be a straight line, shown on the other side //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.