Urban Tanks, DeKalb

Participant count
  • Participant list

snebes
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Sometimes I take for granted the town I live it. About 2 weeks ago, my girlfriend almost blew my one-of-a-kind component speakers by turning the HU almost to max (its an alpine, so I have the gains set for 25, not 35 on the volume, and I rarely go above 20). Well, I was a little agitated--I knew the speakers were fine, but one had been real close to being blown, so I disconnected it--but I decided that I wanted to check out some nice new components that I could actually get replaced without making a completely new door for them.

Diamond Audio came to mind first. Check out Diamond's website, and little did I know, an authorized dealer just down the street (one of three in IL according to the owner). He showed me what they offered, printed me out some specs on them (at the time, diamond's website broke in the middle of me browsing it), and even let me listen to the HEX's he had in his jeep. They weren't as spectacular as I expected them to be, but he was using a live ACDC dvd as the source. But I chatted with the guy for a little over an hour on what I may be doing. The price quotes he gave me weren't that bad, I don't think. He was giving me "MAT" pricing, which was 33% off MSRP for all Diamond products, some prices even lower, but still under factory warrantee. And since I "seemed to know what I was doing," he said that I would be able to install the speakers myself. Overall, I had a good experience there and think that shop could do well and use some positive light and business.

But since I think all the local shops I talk to are trying to gouge me on prices, do you guys think these are decent?

D661a/D661s for $330

D971 for $499

D361i for $199 (I didn't write this down, may have been $249, hell may have been the d351i)

I think he quoted me the hex's for 899, but that is memory too

I realize that I can get these for a lot cheaper on eBay, which I may do, because I know I won't blow these puppies at all, but I wish I could get a girlfriend protection plan on them....

Elite.... They charged me like 2.25 for 8 gauge. I was super desparate at the time so oh well. What did they do to get shut down?

I last lived there in Summer, 2003. I stopped in at NIU just a few weeks ago. I remember the tire shop, but never knew they had an audio shop there too...

ive been there...im not a huge fan...i asked the guy what kind of wire they carried. he said..."only the best wire ever, Stinger." i thought that was kind of arrogant, other than that i think they are alright

IIRC all wire is made by the same company and simply badged differently for each brand. I mean OMG it has a gajillion strands that are each layered in dried Pepsi. These wires will make the signals bounce around in the wire better and make your windshield explode.

Tempe

lol.. Elite Audio.. lol

You Talkin about Phil ?

heard some stuff there ....

Well - one of the other Diamond Audio dealers ...

That ME -

Soundz Plus, Inc

Warrenville , IL

We've been a dealer since 1997 - If you are interested - I will beat any deal, give me a call ..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

snebes

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
snebes
AccountKiller
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies