Ups = The Devil

Mark_ab
5,000+ posts

The Alpha Male
Well, it's official. Satan is no longer a red guy with hoofs and a pointy tail. No, no, he has now conglomerated with UPS and is running the show. I recieved a subwoofer marked as a GIFT. In Canada this makes it exempt from GST and duty. Using UPS there is still a brokerage fee attached. I've found in the past it is a flat rate of about 35 dollars CAD. What does UPS say when it arrives? I owe them $115!! Good grief...Not only that, but it took twice as long as it should have to get here. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

What all you Canadians need to do is find someone right on the US side of the border, ship it to them, have them bring into Canada and ship it to you...easier said than done, I'm sure.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

UPS isn't the devil, Canada is, lol.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

I HAVE to start an audio business in Canada, I'd make a killing. You guys get so screwed aye.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yeah, UPS does ****. They broke mt Shocker Extreme about a month ago. Cracked 6 spiders at the base. But it was insured like always and I got my refund from the seller. I guess it isn't all bad, now I'm waitin on a DD 9012 to get here soon. I hope they take better care of this one! A good way to help yourself out is to insure for the retail value instead of what you paid for it.

No, they're the devil. 2 of the 7 amps I've owned were left outside in front of my front door. He left one without a bag on it, and of course it rained heavily that day. Amps don't like water. Ignorant workers reflect a business :|

Originally posted by Plater I bought a scope from the US and got a lovely $60 brokerage fee charge. The fee was more the the scope.

****ing UPS

At least it made it in one piece
Yep, UPS is terrible for that. All electronics get tagged with a brokerage and GST bill. I've never found anything to indicate how they make up this brokerage fee either, it seems to be a % of the insured cost. That being said, it seems like it's 50% of the total price. If you order something via the internet, and it is shipped to Canada via UPS, expect to pay 2.25 times the USD price. I.E. - 100 dollar signal processor in USD funds comes out to be about 225 Canadian by the time it gets to your door. Bloody ripoff if you tell me. Stick with USPS.

if UPS has to ship a package marked "this end up" it means that they'll decide how this'll end up.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yea i totally agree with u guys UPS *****...If ne of u guys remember the movie Ace Ventura at the beginning when he's kickin the *iss outta that box then that will give u an idea what mine looked like when it got here i couldnt believe it i was soo mad.

Matt

i dont know man, i went to a shop one morning thats right next door to a UPS place and as i walked to the store i watched these two guys throwing stuf into the truck and for how loud the bangs were on the inside of the truck i could have sworn that they were dropping pianos. what ever it was it didnt sound good

I will tell ya from experience, the damage comes from every where.....improper packaging.......very poor unloading....and yes, very very poor LOADING....most of the packages are shipped ground, so if the loader, doesn't load correctly, the packages will get damaged on the way there, and yall kno how horrible the streets are.....

sspider

Both My subs Were packed well thank god, U should of seen the boxes. Anyways, i know someone who works at UPS, and he says they throw the boxes sometimes. So ya they do **** up ur **** for the fun of it. Just thought i would let u know

i worked ups....and i worked during the most busy time, during christmas....i have never seen anyone throwing boxes for fun, but i have seen boxes being thrown, but not for fun, i guess the people were lazy.....i have seen some boxes destroyed beyond repair.....i haven't had any trouble with them, and i have become friends with my local ups delivery man.......i'm for UPS...

sspider

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Mark_ab

5,000+ posts
The Alpha Male
Mark_ab
Edmonton, Alberta
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date