UPS packing

mtdewelf
10+ year member

addicted
how many people just have UPS pack their stuff, i did last time to make sure they'd insure it but when i get a qoute online for the sub and put "ups pak" it only gives me qoute for same day and next day delivery for over 200bucks. if i pack only $55. probably gonna have them do it but should i just do myself and build crate for it. BTW shipping weight to me was right about ~50lbs. tried to do search for shipping tips but didn't come up with any results

what ya shipping? Next day isnt $55 on 50 lbs....unless your shipping two blocks away? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

what ya shipping? Next day isnt $55 on 50 lbs....unless your shipping two blocks away? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
meant that if i pack then it will let me get a online qoute for ground 5 days and that is 55, if they pack the cheapest qoute i get is 162$ for 2/3day

Had them pack it when I shipped my amp, it was $8, probably worth it for insurance purposes. When I ship my 51 lbs sub I'm not going to let them pack it, I'll put it in a crate and take my chances.

The UPS Store isn't affiliated with UPS, so having them package it doesn't help anything. If UPS says the claim is denied, that's how it is. I'm going through this ******** right now on a set of home audio speakers. HUGE pain in the ass. My advice is use DHL.

The UPS Store isn't affiliated with UPS, so having them package it doesn't help anything. If UPS says the claim is denied, that's how it is. I'm going through this ******** right now on a set of home audio speakers. HUGE pain in the ass. My advice is use DHL.
thanks, i used the ups store to pack all 3 items last time and to ship, they said it gaurenteed insurance, hrmmm. i don't know where any dhl around here is, might look into it.

Yeah, I brought in a set of speakers and told them to package them up and send them out. They didn't charge me for the packaging (for whatever reason) and apparently only put packing peanuts in a box with 50 pound speakers. UPS standards for speaker shipping call for 2" thick styrofoam and 2" of bubble wrap between items with the rest as packing peanuts. So because they didn't charge me for packaging, and because the stupid ***** behind the counter marked off the "packed by customer" box AFTER I had already signed the shipping slip (very illegal), UPS denied the claim on a broken speaker due to "insufficient packaging" and now I've gone through about 93204082345 phone calls trying to get the UPS Store to cover the damage out of pocket since they ****ed up. Screw you too, UPS.

All the shipping companies ****. Fedex lost one of my packages, turns out they sent it somewhere across the country and wouldn't even overnight it to me when they found out where it was. That was already 3 weeks in and they still refused to overnight it to me. Havn't had much trouble with UPS, we have the most trouble with DHL actually. They contract out their drivers, so it's kind of a luck of the draw.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mtdewelf

10+ year member
addicted
mtdewelf
vancouver, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date