UPS delivers (part 1)

3" coil. this is the first time ive even thought about reconing it, thought maybe it could be a little cheaper from you
mazda- if you are serious about it- pm me with what you would need, and i may do something for ya... ill have to see what kinda coils i have (i have a pretty limited stock of 3" coils..)

thats awsome man. i hadnt heard of these 4hpz motors....i thought that was u just saying 4hp with a z ont he end to make it sound rad...lol. im such a fan of my 4hp that i can only imagine how much fun a custom 4 slug motor simular to the 4hp motor.

speaking of which no one asked it. what are the major differances between those motors and the regular 4hp motors? also i noticed it seems you're 4hp motor has a top plate much higher than mine.

thats awsome man. i hadnt heard of these 4hpz motors....i thought that was u just saying 4hp with a z ont he end to make it sound rad...lol. im such a fan of my 4hp that i can only imagine how much fun a custom 4 slug motor simular to the 4hp motor.
speaking of which no one asked it. what are the major differances between those motors and the regular 4hp motors? also i noticed it seems you're 4hp motor has a top plate much higher than mine.
alright- to start with- there is only 4 of these in the world...

machined a bigger diameter and longer solid low carbon pole

cut the off the T and machined the backplate for a hot/cold press

machined a smaller diameter steel ring to fit inside the topplate gap

machined an alum core to take up the inside of the motor

machined copper rings to fill around the alum

added and extra .75 magnet slug

engraved a small logo on the backplate

used a super tweaky edge wound underhung coil

pole larger and longer and also added a ring to the inside of the top plate to make the gap even tighter. (the force of the motor and efficiency of the sub is ridiculous)

"I still don't want to give out the params but I have to say that they were over 5db more efficient than the custom neo's and 4hp's I made..

(and the neo's hit a 158 at a slap show with too small of boxes and no testing, and the 4hp's in a way too big box and also no testing hit a 152 on the 190 sensor at a iasca show, in 12" size...)" -quotes from the designer, builder..

the motor is actually designed for an underhung coil (which is unusual anymore...) here is a pic of the coil-

IM000480.jpg

Also interesting to note is that the motors were magnetized at 940volts 2 times.. (standard 4hp's are magnetized at 450volts 1 time...)- in the builders tests this alone gave over 1db increase in sensativity

and some of the parts-

parts1.jpg

parts2.jpg

along with a SUPER lightweight cones that i have- the whole assemblies weigh only 116grams (thats REALLY light...) although im actually not going to run those cones, im gonna run the nomex/fiber 18" cones w/rubber surround, and ill prolly add another spider.

as far as the topplate on my 4hp- im assuming you have the quickchange assembly? if so- thats it right their, mine isnt threaded... (this is an older 4hp, about 2002-3? i believe)

just to help this guy out. If you are going to ask him for a recone you need to get the Exact ID (inside diameter) and Exact OD (outside Diameter) of the gap. That way he can measure the coils to see if they will fit...simply saying its a 3" coil won't help much.

Just a little extra advice.

just to help this guy out. If you are going to ask him for a recone you need to get the Exact ID (inside diameter) and Exact OD (outside Diameter) of the gap. That way he can measure the coils to see if they will fit...simply saying its a 3" coil won't help much.
Just a little extra advice.
yep! for sure.. and most of the stuff i have is 4" coil anyways.... (i do have a few 3" coils, but not many...)

Yeah, if you buy $2000 worth... lol.
Which supplier did you use?

nG
actually, i got it through a close friend, but i actually am talking with Hawley, Nuway, Xaingyang, Tianle, and Precision Econowind now.... taking it to the next level //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and CJW- their is a FEW more parts coming (mainly 18" parts....), but for right now, thats the start...

Hawley, Nuway, Xaingyang, Tianle, and Precision Econowind, lol... picking up where he left off.. if your asking was it tc... these are the places tc buys most of their parts from //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif the buddy I got the parts from IS personal friends with thilo, though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.